This winter's rebuild and mods

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Re: This winter's rebuild and mods

Post by lloydie »

Nice progress mr mon .
I keep meaning to get my engineer to make some captive wheel spacers .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

But your engineer only comes in Yellow :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ordered a twin display air fuel monitor with two Bosch O2 sensors- there's some gorgeous kit out there but not much of it waterproof, so I opted for small digital displays that show real-time AF ratio and are easy enough to fit into a small waterproof housing .Functional rather than bling....

About £130 plus shipping and some duty.
From the States so will be a couple of weeks.

Pics when fitted.

Off out for a celebration beer and steak meal.
:beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bloody hell do you have a day job!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

I asked about a system at work today for you but the lambda sensors alone were £400 each so I told them not to go any further... hope this was the correct thing to do?
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gl_s_r wrote:I asked about a system at work today for you but the lambda sensors alone were £400 each so I told them not to go any further... hope this was the correct thing to do?
:eek2 :eek2 :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

gl_s_r wrote:I asked about a system at work today for you but the lambda sensors alone were £400 each so I told them not to go any further... hope this was the correct thing to do?
Yeah, can't afford posh ones. But thanks for checking :thumbup:

What I wanted was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPTgntKAEw

But they couldn't do the waterproof bit..... :thumbdown:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

well, on a much smaller scale, I got my new K&N air filter yesterday (for a late-model Z1000) and a pristine airbox lid.... yessir, more airbox experiments coming your way..... will be mounting the filter directly into the lid (at an agle, with the narrow section positioned essentially against the bottom of the snorkel hole). The objective is to blend the best of Roger's lidless set-up, with a maximized post-filter volume and maximum clearance above the velocity stacks for the least possible turbulence and interruption to airflow. I am wondring about two possible scenarios for the lid sides adjacent to the filter element (either i) essentially recess the filter into the lid, thereby creating a NASA-duct in effect and channeling the air (from the front; would raise tank front slightly too) to the filter, or ii), tapering it down on the sides, from the edge of the filter to the edge of the lid; advantage here would be greater access to air on the sides of the tank.) Have to decide which path to take, but will keep you posted (I have a spare set of carbs that I will be setting up separately so I can simply revert back to my existing set-up (which works quite well) if it doesn't work out...... in either instance, I will be mounting the filter so that the top is flush (no lip extending over lid surface to interfere with airflow)

here is pic of filter.....

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Keep up the good work guy's, excellent :thumbup:

Chris.
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Loving the multi gauge!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

mik_str wrote:well, on a much smaller scale, I got my new K&N air filter yesterday (for a late-model Z1000) and a pristine airbox lid.... yessir, more airbox experiments coming your way..... will be mounting the filter directly into the lid (at an agle, with the narrow section positioned essentially against the bottom of the snorkel hole). The objective is to blend the best of Roger's lidless set-up, with a maximized post-filter volume and maximum clearance above the velocity stacks for the least possible turbulence and interruption to airflow. I am wondring about two possible scenarios for the lid sides adjacent to the filter element (either i) essentially recess the filter into the lid, thereby creating a NASA-duct in effect and channeling the air (from the front; would raise tank front slightly too) to the filter, or ii), tapering it down on the sides, from the edge of the filter to the edge of the lid; advantage here would be greater access to air on the sides of the tank.) Have to decide which path to take, but will keep you posted (I have a spare set of carbs that I will be setting up separately so I can simply revert back to my existing set-up (which works quite well) if it doesn't work out...... in either instance, I will be mounting the filter so that the top is flush (no lip extending over lid surface to interfere with airflow)

what the hell are you guys on about???
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's the suck bit of suck squeeze bang blow.
:lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

tony.mon wrote:It's the suck bit of suck squeeze bang blow.
:lol:

i prefer the wife's!!!!! :lol:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

bigtwinthing wrote:
mik_str wrote:well, on a much smaller scale, I got my new K&N air filter yesterday (for a late-model Z1000) and a pristine airbox lid.... yessir, more airbox experiments coming your way..... will be mounting the filter directly into the lid (at an agle, with the narrow section positioned essentially against the bottom of the snorkel hole). The objective is to blend the best of Roger's lidless set-up, with a maximized post-filter volume and maximum clearance above the velocity stacks for the least possible turbulence and interruption to airflow. I am wondring about two possible scenarios for the lid sides adjacent to the filter element (either i) essentially recess the filter into the lid, thereby creating a NASA-duct in effect and channeling the air (from the front; would raise tank front slightly too) to the filter, or ii), tapering it down on the sides, from the edge of the filter to the edge of the lid; advantage here would be greater access to air on the sides of the tank.) Have to decide which path to take, but will keep you posted (I have a spare set of carbs that I will be setting up separately so I can simply revert back to my existing set-up (which works quite well) if it doesn't work out...... in either instance, I will be mounting the filter so that the top is flush (no lip extending over lid surface to interfere with airflow)

what the hell are you guys on about???
By the Jeezus, don`t make me get the crayons out......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

But they couldn't do the waterproof bit..... :thumbdown:
That's a shame. Looking forward to seeing your set up, up and running.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside