General Bike chat
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

I myself have had a few bikes...not loads but a few.

started on an MZ125 sportstar....2 smoke...engine from the dark ages( post ww2 germany)....reliable as hell and designed to run on anything remotely combustable( german fuel was sh!te after the war )

first big bike(and one i miss a lot) was a jap import '92 honda Superfour....loved that bike....should never have sold it :cry:

i also had the storm.... which i loved it to bits until it got stolen....only gripe i had was fuel range.

Have recently got my blade(which is already in the garage being fixed!! FFS...dont ask HAHAHA)

In between i have had a stint on a fazer, an sv650, a honda shadow....but cant comment on reliability as they werent mine...but they did work while i had em. :lol:

And to my not worst bike but most annoying venture.....the RGV250!

This bike is brill, i loved the way 2-smoke power kicks in, handling was sublime.....but boy did i buy a money pit....forever throwing money at it.....Infact it was a £500 repair bill that made me use the money for the deposit on the blade....I just thought, £600 now...and again in 3 months and again and again and again would be too much.

Currently sitting in my back garden looking sullen....Doesnt need too much doing to it, head bearings, new back tyre, new exhaust( has a few pinholes in it and i have welded it once already lol ), MOT needs doing.

Its kinda heartbreaking really knowing how much money i spent on it....and i am either gonna do the work on it over the next few months and sell it , or not do the work and give it to someone dirt cheap( i'd prefer the former )...but no doubt i will have to let go and choose the latter as i wont be able to bare watchin it rust :cry:
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
gilson

Post by gilson »

Nice thread! I've only had 3 bikes. Started with a BMW R1150GS, which I loved. Sold that when changed jobs and fancied some revs. Got a Kwak ZX7R.... revs are over-rated, seemed like I was always changing gear, especially when I was on the track. That track day I tried a firestorm, which I crashed. Promptly bought it, then also got a Firestorm road bike. They are excellent bikes.

Didn't like the Kwak, I like Torque and the Firestorm has plenty. I really don't know what I would buy next. It has to be a 2 cylinder, I'd really like a BMW HP2 Sport, but they are expensive, but then I'd also like a 999s Fila Rep. Just dreaming really...but it's nice to dream...

As someone said above, there isn't a replacement for the storm... so I'll stay with it... super bike.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Started riding at 11yrs old on a old BSA 125 Bantam, at 45 i've owned quite a few bikes and riden even more. Worst bike :-
My 1st (legal) bike, a Suzuki GT250A. In the days when you could ride a 250 on L plates.
Can't really blame the bike because someone put sand in the 2 stroke oil tank, seized the engine, rebuilt it but wasn't the same after.
Never found out who did the dirty but a few bikes were tampered with over a few weeks, used to park near a local pub and I guess someone got pee'd off with bikes starting up late at night.
Every bike I've owned I've allways yearned after something else/better, i.e. had a CBR1000(old one) wanted a blade, got a blade, cracking bike, but mmm wouldn't mind an R1, got one and didn't like it as much as the blade, allways wanted to try a V twin, bought the SP1 :D
Absolutley love it, I look at the new bikes/models coming on the market and nothing else takes my fancy.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.