"Biker" goes to prison

General Biker Banter
stormingjoe

Re: "Biker" goes to prison

Post by stormingjoe »

started to rain, oh ill go faster :confused :confused pleb
Last edited by stormingjoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
mwad

Post by mwad »

stormingjoe wrote:stared to rain, oh ill go faster :confused :confused pleb

Indeed, I'm sure there is some logic there somewhere ????
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
mwad

Post by mwad »

Timbo wrote:
storminateacup wrote:He did admit to riding at 122 mph.
Not much of a defence there then ? :biggrin

In fact, you would need OJ's lawyers to get away with that one :)
LOL. Apparently att the end of his trial, OJ asked if he could have his glove back lol :lol:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Ok Ok, no offence.... :sad2
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

mwad

Post by mwad »

Stratman wrote:Ok Ok, no offence.... :sad2
LOL, I don't think anyone was offended mate
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

122mph? So how come the angle of lean is almost neglible when that slight kink appears? There is no braking so assume shutting the tap has had a slight effect, but this is wrong. I thought wet/rain/spray screwed up the readings too so ??????
Agree about the child with no protective gear. A rain cape at least would have ket him dry!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

May be the 122 speed reading was taken from when he was approaching the camera, we only see him riding away from the camera ???
My avatar says it all !!!!!

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

at the end of the day he was unlucky he got caught! and its not surprising he got the book chucked at him! after all his choice of transport is a bike so therefor must be the anti-christ :roll: i would expect the sunday driver brigade to slag the guy off, but fellow bikers :whatever so how many people on here ride within the speed limit, i know i dont, i stick to it through a 30 zone, and slower passed schools ect, but give me a nice stretch of road and some twistys :wink: i doubt theres no one that aint seen 100+ on there speedo,

rant over, where's me guinness :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Well said Timbo :D exactly what I was thinking but you typed it for me :wink:

Like I said already...
Jbrebel wrote:At the end of the day you could argue this topic to the death...
SP1's rock!
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

Absolutely right that this idiot should get the punishment he did, whether he was doing 122 or not, taking his own child's life in his hands by not kitting him out properly is indefensible. How many times do you see some prat out on the road, head to foot in Alpinestars or Dianese, and perched on the pillion of his R6/R1/Fireblade is his girlfriend in a suede jacket and a pair of cotton trousers. You shouldn't have to make the wearing of safety gear compulsory, but with a world populated by an ever increasing number of idiots like this it will get to that stage.
Again, another example of some selfish twot, with no regard whatsoever for the community he is a part of, another blot on the copy-book of all motorcyclists.
Last edited by METALDAN on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
doggit

Post by doggit »

well typed timbo, and yeah we are all guilty of givin it a big handful 8) but we have to use our noggins on that one, like proper road use outside schools, hospitals, and yes going through some little villages, and if its wet we have to adjust our riding to suit, :wink: and this herbert broke most of these, also what we have to think of, his lad will proberbly get a bike and get out on the open road, and may ride like his dad, but hopefuly having seen what can happen ( to his dad) it will make him a better rider, and i do think we will be tarred with the usual comments of "bleedin idiot bikers" because of this
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Yes the guys a juggler for going at that speed with a child on the back IF all the things said in the media are true :roll:

Then again...what is a so-called safe speed ,60,70,80, :?:

If im honest.., ive done highly illegal speeds on bikes ,(dry roads only),never in a buit up area ,and i must say, ..afterwards sometimes ive said to myself "fekn juggler...what did I do that for" :!:

Who on here hasnt taken their bike to 122mph, i have,and more , and probably will do a few times over the summer, conditions permitting...but there is ALWAYS a risk of something unexpected happening no-matter how safe we think the road conditions are , ie puncture/animal running out/chain break etc .

I say we shouldnt preach 'till we get our own act together...and i dont really buy the bit about putting the child at risk cos of not being fully kitted out ,...well i do,.. but let's be honest , ANYTIME a child goes on a bike , he/she is at risk, that's why according to statistics in a proggrame i watched a few weeks ago, bikers are 46 times more likely to get killed in a road accident than a car driver.
It said we make up 1% of road users ,but account for 10% of all fatalities.
Yes ,supposedly the kid didnt have any gloves on, but tbh, in a head on collision ,be it 60 or 120, i dont think gloves would make much difference... :!:
Yes , he done wrong,...but havent we all :?:
Punished too severely imo :!:
Last edited by bikerpiker on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

bikerpiker is absolutely right, anyone who owns a bike and has red blood in their veins has pushed it way beyond the legal limit.

I'm also fairly confident that we have met and surpassed 122 mph, almost certainly in a 60mph zone.

but how many have done it with their offspring on the back? irrespective of how they were dressed

my teenage daughter sometimes comes for a ride with me, even though it's a rare thing i shelled out for leathers, boots, gloves, quality helmet that fits and a well armoured jacket. When we do go out for a ride we do it at grandad speeds and get overtaken by wildlife.

remember, at 60mph on tarmac human bone grinds down at 1 inch per second
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

We are our own worst enemies sometimes. Anyone who rides like a juggler is saying to the general public and the police all bikers ride like tossers. I live on "bike run" in a village, nobody notices the well behaved biker trundling through at 30 mph making no noise but everybody see's the juggler coming through at 60 mph on his back wheel in second on race pipes. We all get tarred with the same brush. Outcome complaints to the police increased patrols and camera's and anyone with a loud pipe, small plate or doing 6 mph over the limit suffers.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

Incredible, MCN today are reporting that this fool is not a "young lunatic" but a gentleman!

Hold on a cotton pickin', this "old lunatic" had an equally mentally challenged brief who is quoted as saying his client was trying to outrun a rainstorm, hence the high speed.

As far as excuses go that is on a par with " i've just washed it and i'm drying it out"

Still no excuse i see for the blatent endangering of a child
ImageImage