Highrise Mounts while still keeping pillion bracket

General Bike chat
Ptechnix

Highrise Mounts while still keeping pillion bracket

Post by Ptechnix »

Can anyone name a list of exhaust manufacturers with high rise mounts for the firestorm that doesn't require the stock pillion footpeg bracket to be removed?

Eg Staintunes come with spacers so you can keep your existing one. Any other manufacturers do the same?
tattie

Post by tattie »

Blue Flame do spacers for their High levels. The only thing is they are about 4"/100mm long. Beware of a pillion climbing on as the extra leverage on the rear subframe caused by the pegs being 4" further out is enough I think, to possibly cause damage to the rear subframe, depending on how many pie's your passenger has eaten. :lol: :lol:

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

my high level devils still retain the rear pegs........

using the same design as Blue flame i think... Has 4" spacers to take the footrest hangers out over the cans.......

I would watch the leverage as above though.....
DD

Post by DD »

Go for the Staintunes, I would but you cant have a pack rack system on aswell :( This is why I am still looking for a high rise kit. You can get them for Scorpion which I have the low set but no bugger will sell you the mounting kit only :?
cheers Darryl
Druid

Post by Druid »

Carbon Can Co also use spacers for the pillion pegs with their high level kit. You can just about see them in this pic.

vtrlewy

High Mount Staintunes

Post by vtrlewy »

I have high mount staintunes that maintain pillion pegs and have Ventura pack mount system installed also. Mine are round but Staintune now have ovals in same high mount setup. New user not sure how to attach picture to this post or is it preferred to load picture in photo gallery
VTR Lewy
DD

Re: High Mount Staintunes

Post by DD »

vtrlewy wrote:I have high mount staintunes that maintain pillion pegs and have Ventura pack mount system installed also. Mine are round but Staintune now have ovals in same high mount setup. New user not sure how to attach picture to this post or is it preferred to load picture in photo gallery
Yeah Lewy, its the ovals that you cant fit the rack system to cos of there shape, and ya cant get the rounds any more at least thats what they told me when I emailed them at the begining of the year :(
You can only post a pic if it is on a web site so chuck it in the gallery or you can email it to me and i'll post it for ya.
cheers Darryl
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

DD wrote: Yeah Lewy, its the ovals that you cant fit the rack system to cos of there shape, and ya cant get the rounds any more at least thats what they told me when I emailed them at the begining of the year :(
You can only post a pic if it is on a web site so chuck it in the gallery or you can email it to me and i'll post it for ya.
Is that true? I have the high mount, oval StainTunes and was thinking about getting a ventura rack soon. Got a link for any piccies?
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
DD

Post by DD »

Proudest Monkey wrote:Is that true? I have the high mount, oval StainTunes and was thinking about getting a ventura rack soon. Got a link for any piccies?
I have a few pic's what were you after?
There is a fella I know in Perth who has a VTR with ovels and he has been unable to get his rack on. He saw a VTR with rounds on last year at the GP which had a rack on but he has tried a couple of times to fit em up and can only get one side on.
I recon that there must be a way around it but as Im unable to look at the situation, then you may be better suited to having a go.
cheers Darryl
philm

Post by philm »

Regards PhilM aka Stormboy
philm/Stormboy
DD

Post by DD »

philm wrote:Regards PhilM aka Stormboy
Hay......... it's that fella from Perth :D Philm, were ya been hiding?
cheers Darryl
Proudest Monkey

DD wrote:I have a few pic's what were you after?
DD,

I was just interested to see any photo's of the rack system mounted with the high rise oval cans as well. I had a bit of an inspection on my bike on the weekend, and it doesn't look promising. When the ovals were mounted, the indicators were shifted (upwards) and there is two poofteenths of room left to get anything through. :(

philm

Post by philm »

Gday Darryl,Proudest Monkey and Ptechnix
From personal experience unfortunately you wont get a ventura rack on with the hi-rise staintunes.You will if the cans are round[earlier versions]or the 'tunes are the lower mount ones.However with the latest oval staintunes,there is just not enough room between the cans and the rear subframe.Just a cupla months back I took the staintunes off and fitted the debaffled original pipes with the ventura rack on.No problems,but after awhile got sick of the sound of original pipes and tried to refit the staintunes with the ventura rack in place.They dont even come close to fitting,which is annoying as I spent the last week of my annual leave riding around the southwest of the state lugging a 10-15kg backpack instead of the convenience of loading up a rack and riding in relative comfort.I really dont know what the answer is,unless either staintune or ventura can come up with a mod.to fix the problem.Ptechnix if you wont a look at clear rear indicators as Proudest Monkey has suggested see a pic of mine in photo gallery page five of misc.has a rear and front view there under phils blue vtr with clear indicators.Regards Philm p.s. Darryl got your email,will respond soon.
philm/Stormboy
DD

Post by DD »

Hey fellas..... this forum will soon belong to the Australaisions might have to re name it aye :wink:

Now, you guys with the ovel Staintunes would it be possable to twist the cans on to there side a little like the Vtec VFR cans are to able ya to use the rack system? just an idea
cheers Darryl
Proudest Monkey

I don't think so DD. (i'll have to have a closer look tonight) but from memory i think the actual can starts right down the bottom beneath the foot pegs. The stainless you see in my piccie in my signature is all one peice i think.