My 98 VtR1

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
rst steve

My 98 VtR1

Post by rst steve »

Well it was sunny so i thought i would give the old girl a bit of a clean. Used a better camera than my phone too so a bit more detailed. Need to decide whether to have a paint job done on it. Kinda like the red and black theme might keep the paint red and go black frame and swingarm.

Fireman on a Storm

Re: My 98 VtR1

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

WOW 8O
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

Nice conversion that mate, well done.

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
vtr..al

Post by vtr..al »

OOOhhh...that looks fantastic that does...what exhaust system is it?

Al
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

vtr..al wrote:OOOhhh...that looks fantastic that does...what exhaust system is it?

Al

The cans are home made with the parts coming from PJ Enginering in Grimsby and the link pipes from Zostec in Shipley and yes they are a bit loud. Someone today said it sounded like a earthquake but at least no one ever pulls out on me lol :D
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

That is f**kin smart mate, what a work effort.
agree Matt black ...

:eek2
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Jim67 wrote:Nice conversion that mate, well done.

Jim.
Yeah that! :D

Nice one Steve, I'll be honest, didnt know if Id like it when I saw the first "progress" pics you posted. Thought the back end looked too long...

BUT, now its finished it looks great :D well done mate 8)

Then again, what do I know...I ride a yellow and orange Harley effort :biggrin

Top stuff! Enjoy, sure you'll get a lot of admiring glances :wink:
SP1's rock!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Jbrebel wrote:
Jim67 wrote:Nice conversion that mate, well done.

Jim.
Yeah that! :D

Nice one Steve, I'll be honest, didnt know if Id like it when I saw the first "progress" pics you posted. Thought the back end looked too long...

BUT, now its finished it looks great :D well done mate 8)

Then again, what do I know...I ride a yellow and orange Harley effort :biggrin

Top stuff! Enjoy, sure you'll get a lot of admiring glances :wink:

Funny you should mention the length thing as from some angles the seat unit does look a little long but seem to remember someone saying that the vfr800 single sider is about 25mm longer than a stock storm arm. Can you see where i'm going with this?? Just need to convince the missus :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Stevie, it's looking the dogs danglies mate :!: 8)

Chris.

PS. IMHO surely a longer wheelbase (as in fitting a vfr single sider) will make the bike less flickable, because it will slow the steering down :?: It will be more stable in a straight line though and look the business :cool2
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

top job matey, looks the dogs! let me know when you sell :wink: although i'd have to respray her yella to make her faster :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

marravtr wrote:top job matey, looks the dogs! let me know when you sell :wink: although i'd have to respray her yella to make her faster :lol:

Cheers mate funny you should mention selling as i was looking at a Duke 1198 yesterday but need to check the old finances. Will be in Matlock on good Friday if anyone wants a closer look. :D
Simon 2

Post by Simon 2 »

Having done all that hard work you're not contemplating selling her already surely :cool2 ?
bornbiker

Post by bornbiker »

Beautiful piece of work mate. Given me some ideas. Back end and pipes look great.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

rst steve wrote:
marravtr wrote:top job matey, looks the dogs! let me know when you sell :wink: although i'd have to respray her yella to make her faster :lol:

Cheers mate funny you should mention selling as i was looking at a Duke 1198 yesterday but need to check the old finances. Will be in Matlock on good Friday if anyone wants a closer look. :D
D'OH!!!!! bought a new bike yesterday and then read this.... :roll:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:
sirch345 wrote:PS. IMHO surely a longer wheelbase (as in fitting a vfr single sider) will make the bike less flickable, because it will slow the steering down :?: It will be more stable in a straight line though and look the business :cool2
The linkage plates I had made took this into consideration and kicked the back up a little Chris. I also had 5mm worth of spacers on the shock.
That would surely help Mike but IMHO that's not completely going to bring the wheel base back down to the standard length. I can't get away from the fact that a longer wheel base is normally associated with cruisers where straight line stability is more important than going through the twisty bits, as know doubt you're fully aware. Don't get me wrong I really like the look of the VFR swingarm on a Firestorm, but I wouldn't be so keen to fit one if it affected the bike's handling, especially now I have my bike handling sooooo much better with my Rogered forks :D

Chris.