What is stashed under your seat?

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: What is stashed under your seat?

Post by sirch345 »

grimley59 wrote:Sirch m8,

Fitted a HIDS4U kit, basically half a car kit with the uprated supreme vision bulb. Bloody impressive, wide spread and a lovely white (very slightly blue) it is the 4300K bulb so has the higher light output. The reflections from cats eyes, signs etc are very bright, really see the difference even against other cars, makes normal lights look dull and yellow. Main beam is fairly instant using a solenoid to move the bulb back and forth and is probably a bit of a let down as there is no additional light (single capsule of xenon gas not 2 filaments), it just changes position, however, don't need any more than the dip position gives. Very pleased with it, can see a lot more on those unlit fenland roads :D
That sounds impressive :!: is it a kit anyone can buy :?:

Chris.
grimley59

Post by grimley59 »

I got it through a guy called Shane Cooper on the VTR yahoo list (spookoverload@gmail.com), he deals with HIDS4U and fits their gear, I think they were a bit reluctant to split the kit, ideally 2 people get together and buy the 1 car kit and split it - it's a complete setup for each headlamp. They also do specific bike kits including their most powerful bulb a 55w job as opposed to the 35w, you can also get a slimline ballast for bikes probably small enough to fit under the instruments. My full sized ballast is stuck/cable-tied to the black air duct on the inside of the fairing.

cheers m8
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

grimley59 wrote:I got it through a guy called Shane Cooper on the VTR yahoo list (spookoverload@gmail.com), he deals with HIDS4U and fits their gear, I think they were a bit reluctant to split the kit, ideally 2 people get together and buy the 1 car kit and split it - it's a complete setup for each headlamp. They also do specific bike kits including their most powerful bulb a 55w job as opposed to the 35w, you can also get a slimline ballast for bikes probably small enough to fit under the instruments. My full sized ballast is stuck/cable-tied to the black air duct on the inside of the fairing.

cheers m8
Thanks for the info grimley59 :!: I'll make a note of that :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Not a great deal under the seat - not much room compared to other bikes ....

Ratchet arm complete with socket for rear wheel nut. The socket end sits nicely up inside the tail by the tail bulbs.
OEM tool kit with a few additions.
'D' or 'U' lock sometimes
Abus disc lock sits nicely on top of battery box.
Usually 2 of those nice plastic things to stop your side stand disappearing in soft ground.

In the rear fairing (seat pods):
Mushroom bungs and c02 caps
Length of tubing for emergency fuel!!
Roll of that ridiculously strong sellotape stuff with nylon filaments in it.
Probably about 2M of thin nylon rope.
One o' those elasticated cargo net jobbies with the 6 hooks
A couple or three squares of old tea towel for mucky hands etc.
A few pairs of mechanics rubber gloves, sorta makes the towel redundant.
Can of chain lube.

There usually one or two other bits 'n' bobs in there which don't spring to mind at the moment.

TBH a lot of it is what my bro had stashed in there - not had cause to use much of it thankfully, but in the traditions of the Scouting movement, 'Be prepared'

All packed neatly away - fills a bloody carrier bag when I have to remove it all!

Keep meaning to make up a first aid kit too.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Standard toolkit plus small bottle of Castrol R to add to the tank when filling up.
Ahhhh................Castrol
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Simon 2

Post by Simon 2 »

Castrol R Keith, you old rascal, bloody love that smell!!!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Don't we all?

Mine gets a capful every 2 or 3 tank fulls