iPhone - Battery life- your views!

General Biker Banter
Fireman on a Storm

iPhone - Battery life- your views!

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone. I've read a bit and heard the battery is crap.

If you have got one. Could I have your views on the phone and battery life.
Thanks Paul
stormingjoe

Re: iPhone - Battery life- your views!

Post by stormingjoe »

mine last 2 days with 20% remaining with a fair amount of texting and listening to music for 2-3 hrs and browsing about an hour daily, i turn off wifi when not needed and 3g aswell, if left on battery will last about a day and half, on par me thinks with my nokia n 95, xda 2i and sony ericsson and most high end mobiles these days.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Get one of these,

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/11/14 ... _touch_hd/

i can give you TomTom on a disk and the battery lasts for 4 days easy. i listen to music for a t least an hour a day and have unlocked mine to give me access to my German sim card so i use it a lot, check it out! Kicks the iphone up the hoop, proper Gucci bit of kit!!
Fireman on a Storm

Timbo wrote:
Tell you one thing about them though, they are an amazing gadget and are totally transfomed if you Jailbreak them. They are good standard, they are incredible jailbroken. Totally worth doing, not easy but worth the effort.

What do you mean Jailbreak them?

Once I understand Jailbreaking how do i if i want to?
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Beast

Post by Beast »

Wouldnt mind one of the HTC phone, but i'll wait till prices drop.

Instead of going for a iPhone i kept my N95 and picked up a cheap iPod Touch instead.
Jailbreaked it and use if for everything to be honest.
Battery lasts about 4 days or more and im on it all the time and forvere listening to music.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Why don't you get a blackberry bold instead? I've got one and it's bloody brilliant! Does everything an iphone does and more.. Not as 'tricky' as an iphone but more practical.. However, battery life is not brilliant, but then it never will be on either phone as it is doing that much more than a standard phone. If I use it a reasonable amount for talking, texting etc - will just about see two days use out of it..
curly

Post by curly »

I've got an Iphone 3g and I have to charge it nearly every day because I can't stop using it 'cos it awesome!!
Best phone I have ever had.
Games are great, internet is amazing. a lot of the apps are brilliant.
Doesn't bother me charging it regular, no big deal.
Can't wait for the new one in June, better camera they say and lots of improved features. :D
Fireman on a Storm

curly wrote: Can't wait for the new one in June, better camera they say and lots of improved features. :D
Is that a new phone or just the software update I've read about
Beast

Post by Beast »

As far as im was aware there is the new firmware and a new model.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

snap shot of my IPhone at the 20% warning, 20 mins of call, lots of messages and emails, push mail on. used 1 hour or so for google maps. listened to music 2 hours and some general game playing and browsing.

This is on par with many hitech mobiles at the moment till battery technology catches up and more power friendly circuitry appears. I have an old nokia 6310 that lasts over a week, but only use for texting and calls, crap at everthing else but still works after some 8 years. 3g off and when available will turn on wifi, cant have both on at same time, wifi will replace 3g when turned on.
Important to follow the battery conditioning instructions on Apple website, as you should with all battery powered devices.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

FirestormMike wrote:I was thinking of getting one when my contract is up in a couple of months, can't be worse than my N95.. got to charge that every night sometimes.
I like the look of the new LG that's being advertised at the moment too.
Having said all that, I've also been thinking of swapping back to my old ericsson w810i thats a good 3 years old as it fits in the pocket of my leathers a lot easier.
Don't bother with the LG Renoir it's crap battery lasts about 3 days if you don't use it 2 if you do. It's not user friendly, handbook is useless doesn't tell you anything and if you try to download files by bluetooth it crashes and the only way to restart is remove the battery which then cancells all your settings. LG were useless saying "it's a software problem send it back" and sent me another which was no better. Wish I'd stayed with Sony Ericsonn.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I've got a 16gb 3G iphone, the battery life isn't fantastic but it's not been a problem either. If I use it loads (wifi/browsing etc) yeah it might need a top-up charge at the end of the day but if I just use it as a phone it lasts the best part of a week. The thing with smartphones is you're likely to use them for longer than you would a normal phone, purely because of the extra things that they do (email etc).

My mate Delboy got a HTC touch, and I have to say the windows OS (which I used to be a fan of) is absolute shite. It's not designed to be navigated with a fingertip, you need the stylus for even basic stuff like opening apps from the start menu. Even he admits he expected it to be more 'next-gen' from his previous windows smartphones. The iphone interface is in a different league. Not perfect, mind, but waay better than any other smartphone OS I've tried.

Besides, iPhone is the only phone which you can get iPint on. :wink2
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch