one piece leathers advice

General Bike chat
gazbut

one piece leathers advice

Post by gazbut »

hi all
i'm looking to buy a leather one piece (for the bike!)
anyway never had one before and not sure how they should fit?
i see some guys with leathers they can hardly stand up in and some that look like a sack of spuds!
i've seen some on fleabay and tried them on but they are on the tight side.
any advice would be appreciated

cheers
gazbut :)
Kitch

Re: one piece leathers advice

Post by Kitch »

What size are you Gazbut?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
gazbut

Post by gazbut »

hi kitch
not sure about correct size
but i'm 5'10" 12 1/2 stone 34" waist
cheers
Stu

Post by Stu »

sounds like your a 42 or 44 (52/54 euro)

But always best to try on as said before try to sit on a bike any dealership should allow you to do this
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Buy a zip together 2 piece!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

gazbut wrote:hi kitch
not sure about correct size
but i'm 5'10" 12 1/2 stone 34" waist
cheers
Thats a shame. About same as me and I have a size 56 Dainese suit that is slightly too big now the diet has worked its wonders.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Why do you want 1 piece? Not a flippant comment-genuine question :)

Are you going to be doing track days or do you just want the added "security"?

I find 1 pc leathers restrictive and uncompromising-a real pain when you need a piss-always stuck with 2 pc myself.
SP1's rock!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

I have one piece Dainese at the mo and they are good when your on the bike moving but a pain in the butt if you want to stop. Not only do they make you walk like a silver back if you need the loo its a major operation. I am looking at buying some two piece at the moment to have the best of both worlds but i can see the two piece getting used a lot more than the one piece. When you first try them if you have never had them before they will feel quite restrictive but they do give after a while and deffo sit on a bike and try as many differant brands as the shop has even if you dont intend buying a certain brand try them on anyway as they may fit you better. :D
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

gazbut wrote:hi all
i'm looking to buy a leather one piece (for the bike!)
anyway never had one before and not sure how they should fit?
i see some guys with leathers they can hardly stand up in and some that look like a sack of spuds!
i've seen some on fleabay and tried them on but they are on the tight side.
any advice would be appreciated

cheers
I didnt know that we had met :( :(
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
andyh

Post by andyh »

I think there is only one real rule to follow when buying 1 piece leathers, don't be fat :!: you will look a right pillock. Believe me I tried it, and I did :eek2
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

andyh wrote:I think there is only one real rule to follow when buying 1 piece leathers, don't be fat :!: you will look a right pillock. Believe me I tried it, and I did :eek2
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats priceless :lol: :lol: I nearly spit my tea out all over my keyboard when I read that,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Check them very carefully, whatever you buy.

I had them one-piece leathers once, had to send them back.

Turns out the were made of LOADS of different bits of leather, stitched together.

Some of them were even from different cows, one red and one yellow.

I'm not that stupid!!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Post by gilson »

I treated myself to some custom made from Hideout in Saffron Walden. They are great (crashed many times in them on the track).

When I first got them they were so tight I bruised my thumbs doing up the zipz (ouch). They also cut me in half and I have to dress to oneside.. :-)

The idea is to have them tight so that the armour doesn't move in a crash. Skin tight is ideal, but can not be restrictive. After a few track days my suit is perfect, apart from Cadwell mud.... it needs a clean and some boot polish! Tells a story though..

Hein Gericke is by far the best place to try them on (IMHO). Go for something on the tight side as they will stretch.

As for 1 or 2 piece, if you are using them for track days (or have the figure of a professional rugby player), but for touring, a two piece is so much more realistic...
No bike (yet).
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

I had loads of leathers off flea bay in the past and found that the sizes vary greatly from make to make!!! so in the end I went to a shop and tried them on and purchased there.
Regarding fit, they should be pretty tight so the armour dont move about in the event of a spill, dont forget that they are shaped to fit better in the riding position so thats why they can look a bit funny when you see people walking about in them.
I got a matching 2 piece which looks like a one piece when fastened up, much more practical for taking a piss or cooling down if the weathers nice when you stop for a pint at Matlock !!!! :lol:
Try J&S to see if there is one local to you.
I got a set of Akito Imola in the shop for £120, should have been £250 !!!! Pic below.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1

J&S website
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!