Want to cry. my life is knakered

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by sirch345 »

It must have been a sad day for you Marty seeing the bike go, but good that you've not got the constant reminder there staring you in the face :!:

How did you get on at the Doc's on Friday regarding your swollen feet :?:

Chris.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Hey ho..the look on the poor doctors face when he saw the state i'm in, was priceless. he did the basic neurological examination. and immediately phoned the neurology dept at the hospital to speak to the Neurologist. he told me that the he would phone me at home [friday] to arrange for me to either attend his clinic , or go up to the Neurology ward for an immediate assessment as a matter of urgency. this week sometime.....but they are really busy..yadda yadda yadda...so far no phone call! from the hospital. and i still have the balloon feet, just another symptom apparently
got to try and keep my feet elevated, Doc didnt want to prescribe any meds pre- diagnosis, so with some of the cash i got for the Mille.[ sniff], i'll buy a big bag of sticky bud, put Misty and Roots on the Hi-fi..[ How long mus we aff to suffah, how long mus we feel de pain, how long.Jah-Jah how long.....] cough -cough. and chill. :wink2 whilst i wait.
Normas dad had a heart bypass at the weekend, he is recovering at the royal infirmary in Edinburgh, hope to have him back home by wednesday this week. Mother in law is not doing so well she has some kind of infection and is gravely i'll. her prognosis is down to a matter of weeks rather than months.I know im in rather bad shape, but spare a thought for my poor Mrs who has been rock-solid , not only does she have me to look after she also visits her mum after work, does her shopping, makes sure she has all she needs, puts up with all her abuse [ The cancer has turned her into a monster].as well as bouncing around various Hospitals to visit her Dad. I am truly Humbled by her selflessness , Amazed at her stamina and mental fortitude, and so very grateful that it is me she Loves.......
Cheers......Marty. :wink2
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

stay strong matey, take it easy, and your mrs sounds like a star, hope they get you sorted out pdq.
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

With all your troubles its good you have a partner who sticks to the vows she made at the alter!!!!
All the best matey and try and keep your chin up and give the missus a big hug and a kiss to say thankyou :wink2

Jim

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Marty,

I hope you get the phone call you're waiting for very soon :!:

It's times like these when you find out how strong your relationship with your other have is, although your wife has certainly got much more than her fair share on her plate to deal with right now.

Sorry too hear things are not looking good for your mother-in-law, but pleased that things are sounding promising for your father-in law, I hope they continue in that direction.

Keep us up to date,

Cheers,

Chris.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

If i had any money i'd buy it off you, but for more than 1500, i understand you can't ride, but can you pillion?, be happy to take you out for a blat.

Good luck bud.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

So .got a phone call this morning from the neurologist at the Hospital in Dundee. could i go through to see him this afternoon. so got the wife home from work and up we went. spent about an hour answering questions and being pulled, prodded, poked ,and jabbed. I am to be admitted next Wednesday.it would have been immediately but you guessed it they didn't have a bed. And he needs to get the neurophysiology team to do an electric needle test. [needles in all the major muscle groups and an electric current passed through them to test the nerve reaction time] oyah ya dancer sounds like a complete drag man. he thinks he knows what is wrong but needs the results of various tests to confirm his suspicions.
this electric needle test is specifically designed to test for motor neuron disease. he dosen't even think i'll need an MRI scan. or a lumbar puncture.. so Black clouds on the horizon. I'm expecting the worse case scenario anyway, so whatever happens it wont come as a shock. still Major Bummer , ill be in for a few days so he can run the whole gamut of tests he needs in one go, rather than a spate of out-patient appointments. spread out over weeks. Thankfully at least i'm off on the road to a swift diagnosis, or at least it looks that way..... :wink2

Tiny the Mille went on saturday m8....took £1400 for her... 8O
and i can hardly stand up on my own bud, i would have to be tied to the rider and my feet welded to the footpegs, so no i m afraid pillion is out too.. :(
mwad

Post by mwad »

Reading this thread has genuinely bought a lump to my throat.

I SO hope things work out for you.
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Zer0zer0.

Sounds as if they are finally getting things together on the NHS front then.
Let me wish you a huge amount of good wishes and luck.
Hope they can get the correct diagnosis sorted for ya soon.
Cheers, LSM

PS Give your wife a big hug from me and all the FireStorm gang 'cos she has been having a dreadful time watching all her loved ones suffer lately.
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I have watched my old man slowly deteriorate over many years, I feel for you mate. Sounds like you have a completely different beast to him although I think that sometimes he wishes it would end. I get emotional reading your posts. Great that you have a rock to lean on during what can only be described as a personal catastrophy. Not much I can say apart from, try to stay shiny side up for as long as possible. :(
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

This reply is on behalf of Norma my Wife...
Thank you all for your kind words of support I was genuinely touched to the point of tears.
But..........Sod sympathy ,hug and kisses. send Money! and a Housekeeper. and a Nurse, and a Fluff girl.
if anyone has access to a overseas villa .send me the fkin keys. by the time this little lot is over i'll need a few weeks of Hardcore Hedonism with hot and cold running cabana boys, just to remind me that i'm still alive 8) joking aside thank you all of you i feel ........Lifted...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

But..........Sod sympathy ,hug and kisses. send Money! and a Housekeeper. and a Nurse, and a Fluff girl
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Atta Girl :P

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

Yep she's a good catch that one,
ps. any chance I can go on that Hardcore Hedonism Holiday with her ???? lol

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good too hear Marty that things in the NHS department are on the move :!:

You hit the jack pot with your wife, she must be a gem :!: :D
LotusSevenMan wrote:Zer0zer0.
PS Give your wife a big hug from me and all the FireStorm gang 'cos she has been having a dreadful time watching all her loved ones suffer lately.
I second that, well put Chris(LSM)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

My wife has a hardcore head on once a month or so- I go out on the bike to keep out of her way.

They don't warn you about this "hardcore headon-ism" when you're growing up, do they :?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.