Want to cry. my life is knakered

General Bike chat
Zer0Zer0

Re: Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Lol.. Tony. i'm still laughing..

So today I go into Hospital to start the barrage of tests that will confirm what the hell is wrong with me.
Not looking forwards to the electric needles in the muscles test! they tell me that there is some slight discomfort, which means that it hurts like hell :roll: , i'll be in for a few days and i'll let you all know how it turns out on my return, i dont think i've ever felt so anxious. Scary stuff this is, if i eat any breakfast it will pass right through me 8O . wish me luck..cheers the -noo
Marty....
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

good luck marty
I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you matey :wink:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

good luck mate, keep us up to date :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
kevg

Post by kevg »

good luck mate, all the best
cheerz

kev
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

there's people from all over country thinking of you today

Best of luck

ChrisC
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

All the very best from me, I'll be thinking about you too, :!: :)

Good luck Marty :!:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

All the best Marty

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Were all behind you big chap
Rich.

tattie

Post by tattie »

A bit late, I know, but fingers crossed and all the best.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Very best of luck for the tests mate ,i hope things are better than expected for you .
Stevie
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Hey -ho. got out of Hozzy for the weekend on a pass, did not like the tests much especially the needle in the tongue. :eek2 .so the tests came back positive. and the consultant is 90% sure that i have Motor Neurone disease. i have to go back into hospital on monday for a week ,so they can conduct more tests as he likes to be 99% sure,and to give the junior doctors a chance to poke and prod at me.
Well you guys it looks like the fat lady is in the building, gargling with TCP, and doing her doe-ray-me's.and it didnt help when one of the patients passed away yesterday afternoon. and i saw the cadaver trolley being wheeled into the room on my way back from having a smoke. a sobering moment i can tell you.
prognosis is...3-5 years...7-10 if i am Extremely lucky. with the last 3 years with total paralysis, unable to speak or swallow. crapping and peeing into a bag and being fed through a tube inserted into my stomach,out of my mind on Morphine. ... YEAH RIGHT! I will NOT reach that stage believe me. I am having my DNR tattoo, shortly. Just in case i am unable to send myself off. i have already decided not to opt for the hole in the throat to enable positive [artificial] ventilation . once the disease has ran it's course [if i let it get that far]. thats it. end of story. i will not permit the ethically righteous brigade keep me alive and suffering against my will. so i think that will do for now, im off for a Dram or two and a couple of big stinky fatty's, then a little loving with the Mrs whilst i am still able :wink2
Cheers the Noo..........
Marty. :wink2
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

what lampshade do you want and would you like to be facing the wall or looking out the patio window :roll:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hope it's going well.

Thinking of you and those around you.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

OK, this ain't Marty, but the Mrs.

I've just read the whole of this thread and I can't stop the tears rolling down my face. What a bunch of soppy gits you all are. Joking aside, you are keeping Martin strong. I've stuck him in the bath and he'll have to stay there until I pull him out.

Yes life has been pretty shitty over the past 5 years or so, but its been good practice for what is to come. My mum, has recovered from her little bout of illness and still has months, although she is getting more and more out of breath as the days pass. She was pretty pissed off that my Dad stole her thunder, by officially dying for 20mins and getting everyone's attention for the 6 weeks he was in hospital. A triple bypass has done wonders for him, and I'm looking forward to Dad getting back to his usual self. One less to worry about. My Mum is going to be even more pissed, now that Martin has stolen her thunder again right from under her. Lets face it, Cancer is a bitch, but when you get something that keeps your mental faculties 100% but destroys the body, that's down right sadistic, how the feck Stephen Hawkins has managed all these years I'll never know.

We (Martin and I) are having a right laugh about it all. For me denial has played a big part in getting me through the past few months. But there's no denying it now. There are a lot of life changing decisions to be made over the next few weeks, and the one that's easy is handing in my notice to be there for the man I love. I've seen love and I know what it is.

Once things settle down and we get the house sorted out, it will be party time. The Bridge of Cally hotel is just down the road, and there are plenty of B&B's in Blairgowrie, hell there's plenty of space if you fancy a camping holiday. So watch this space over the next few months, and if all goes quickly we'll get a party arranged with some good music, fine wine (or beer, cider, vodka, malt), and good company.

Keep your posts coming, it really does help. Thanks to everyone who has read or posted.

I'll leave you with one final thought, Old Boney has to get through me first, and for those of you who have met me, you know that he's going to have a hell of a fight on his hands.

Love you all.

Nx
': @
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I'm up for a party.
I'll go shopping.
It's only a little ride.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........