62 miles from full till the light came on!

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: 62 miles from full till the light came on!

Post by sirch345 »

That's sounding better :!:

Using all the gears will make a difference :biggrin

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Read it and weep

Not wanting to upset anyone but I got 157.5 miles on the 98 blade on Sunday and the light still hadn't come on :lol: Wasn't flat out but wasn't hanging around either. Took £14 to brim it but that was expensive, out in the country petrol price, so closer to £13 in town. I know I miss the twin thing but you cant argue with those numbers. :D

Goes around corners quite well also. :lol:
Rich.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Even 80miles sounds low [unless as said already the low gears is realy screwing you up].

I have one of the early ones with the small tank, and I will get 100 miles on an average tankfull and a low of 70 at a track day with the middle group, so I think the set up is wrong. [and I dont hang around either]

Is the air filter clean, would be the first question, then I think someone mentioned the carb diaphragms, that may also be worth a look while you have the tank up..

what Pipes are on the bike, has it had a dynojet kit?
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

cupasoop wrote:Read it and weep

Not wanting to upset anyone but I got 157.5 miles on the 98 blade on Sunday and the light still hadn't come on :lol: Wasn't flat out but wasn't hanging around either. Took £14 to brim it but that was expensive, out in the country petrol price, so closer to £13 in town. I know I miss the twin thing but you cant argue with those numbers. :D

:cool2 :cool2 :cool2 :cool2 heh heh
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Beamish wrote:
cupasoop wrote:Read it and weep

:cool2 :cool2 :cool2 :cool2 heh heh
Yeah but who wants to do 150 miles blended into the background of obscurity when you can do 100 and everyone remembers you :wink2

Pete.l
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Pete.L wrote: Yeah but who wants to do 150 miles blended into the background of obscurity when you can do 100 and everyone remembers you :wink2
Who the fcuk wants to be remembered (or even noticed for that matter)? I enjoy the anonymity of not being noticed. That way nobody remembers the number plate of the tw@ who's riding like a loony :biggrin
Rich.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That way nobody remembers the number plate of the tw@ who's riding like a loony

I'll give you that I suppose, especially where the coppers are concerned :wink: Still, it must be boring having seamless power,fantastic handling, no ctt worries or stressing about making it to the next petrol station. How do stay awake on a long trip?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

and the constant near misses when the Storm rider rolls off the throttle and u nearly ram them
That rings a bell with a mate of mine with a GSXR1000. He thought I was braking with no brake light and by the time he'd composed himself I'd be back on the throttle and out of the bend again :lol:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Timbo wrote: the constant near misses when the Storm rider rolls off the throttle and u nearly ram them, it keeps you awake.
Its really ironic this, but I've got a blade riding mate and it's the same following him 8O

I don't think his problems are down to engine breaking though :biggrin
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

heh heh :D , if you are still behind me on a Storm after a a blast on a long straight it would be a miracle :biggrin Engine braking and slipper clutch allow for some serious corner speeds and mono bloc calipers allow for some seriously late braking so I wouldnt worry too much about you being too close :twisted:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Agree Beamish. I've ridden his blade and its very, very quick straight line. The brakes are a peach too and it handles very neutral.

Then again, what’s a new blade giving away on a Storm in comparison? 50+ horse and design wise 10+ years?

It's a bit like comparing a Dreamcast to a PS3 :D In saying that when I had the Storm I never really got dropped off by much on the road unless going warp speed.

My preferred ride involves more B-roads and twisty’s now anyway :P The Muell loves em :) 30-90mph and I'm happy as a pig in the preverbial :mrgreen:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote:
sirch345 wrote:

Using all the gears will make a difference :biggrin
Ahhhhh, Sarcasm, i believe i am familiar with that :biggrin
:lol: It wasn't meant to sound as sarcasm Tim, more of, if we only have half the story it's difficult to come up with a possible cure :!:

If you rode around in your car not using 4th and 5th gear your petrol consumption would be a dam site more too :wink:

Chris.
potterballs

Post by potterballs »

i didnt take it as sarcasm anyway! you are probably right on the button its just gettin used to the beast, most ov the other bikes would cry if you didnt change all the way to the top where as the storm just says "punish me you pussy"haha
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

potterballs wrote:i didnt take it as sarcasm anyway! you are probably right on the button its just gettin used to the beast, most ov the other bikes would cry if you didnt change all the way to the top where as the storm just says "punish me you pussy"haha
You must be more used to inline 4's :) I had the same problem at first thinking I was already in top gear when I wasn't :)

Chris.