ISLE OF MAN TT (FUNNIEST SIGHT EVER)

General Biker Banter
potterballs

ISLE OF MAN TT (FUNNIEST SIGHT EVER)

Post by potterballs »

just got back from the tt it was awsom, bike performed marvalousley! there were a few storms there! one thing that did catch my eye tho was a double decker bus i was behind in the 30 zone as we were approaching the un restricted sone i positioned myself where i could see round the bus ready so as soon as we hit the unrestricted zone i would over take! when suddenley a big puff of smoke came out of the bus and it was off 80mph!
i couldnt beleive it! i didnt know they could go that fast! it was banking over in the bends! i was sat behind it pis*&ng myself opposed to his passengers who were probably shi*&ing therselves!

just thaught i would share as it was so funny!!
tony.mon

Re: ISLE OF MAN TT (FUNNIEST SIGHT EVER)

Post by tony.mon »

Went to Silverstone for the car GP a while back, on the Saturday they were doing track laps in coaches.
Got a ride, so I could see the track for myself- boy, those things can drift!!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

PB, I could just imagine your surprise :lol: I had a similar thing happen to me years ago, but not quite so surprising as yours.

I was on my old GSThou following a Skoda in the built up area heading out to some very nice twisty bits in the country, some of my favourite roads. Imagine my surprise when I intended to overtake him when suddenly he/she put their foot down and went through all those twisty bits as fast as I wanted :!: There's no way that was a standard car, it was quick :!:

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Nothing to do with buses but I was following a Harley down the road tonight and he has tassels on the end of his grips. Even the wife was laughing.
Rich.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Timbo wrote:
cupasoop wrote:Nothing to do with buses but I was following a Harley down the road tonight and he has tassels on the end of his grips. Even the wife was laughing.
I bet he looked a right badass mofo didnt he ?

"Badass mofo=homo arsebandit"
But could he make them rotate in different directions?
potterballs

Post by potterballs »

if he was on a harley i hope it was a long streight road or he would have been screwed!!!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

sirch345 wrote:There's no way that was a standard car, it was quick :!:
Had the same thing when I had my Fazer Chris some years back...

Once had a Vauxhall Nova follow me on a local bypass. Thought no more of it when he was way behind me. I wasn't flying. But neither was I hanging about.

He'd caught up with me in no time 8O Very quick. I just sat and tootled on and took no notice :lol:

Found out after it had a 2.5 turbo in it with extra work 8O Plus, the guy driving it was known locally for "baiting" bikes and drove like a tool usually.

Well, you can imagine my amusement when about 5 months later on the way to my GF's in Chesterfield on a lovely warm evening. I saw the same car oozing smoke/steam with the same driver looking rather sorry being towed by the AA on the Dronfield bypass :lol:

Managed to give him a little wave as I went on my way :wink:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: That's definitely a similar thing to me JB :)

I wish I had the chance to speak to the driver of the Skoda, to find out what he had under the bonnet :wink:

Chris.
potterballs

Post by potterballs »

3 years ago at in the isle of man again but not tt we were goin over the mountain in an x5 and wernt hangin about when a plumbers transit van came past us doin 100+ and when i say a plumbers van it was all sign written again we just laughed and carried on! and we found out similarly that he had had a lot of work done on the van and he is very very quick over the mountain.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

PB,
I've heard of the fastest milkman in the west, but not the plumber :lol:

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I used to marshal at the British F1 GP @ Silverstone. At the end of the day they would ferry the marshals on the far side of the circuit back to the camping area with some double decker buses. These bus jockeys thought that they'd race each other ala Mansell & Senna style. Made me laugh as one wobbled a bit and then went (I kid you not) opposite locking around the bend but went into the gravel trap @ Stowe anyway!!! Bet his boss was pleased as it was a long job hauling that out and cleaning away the stones etc from the racetrack! :eek2
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Badger

Post by Badger »

When we were at the 2007 TT, we caught the bus from Ramsey bus station to go to Douglas one night, by the second bus stop the bus was already past it limit of passengers, but that didn't worry the driver, if there was somebody at a bus stop he'd stop and just jam every one on. As soon as the bus got to the no speed limit signs it was like a fairgound ride, he was going round the bends that fast you couldn't stay on the seats, every bump he hit you were airbourne, there was a woman at the front with two young kids, the woman was screaming, the kids were crying, she made the driver stop in the middle of nowhere so that she could get off, she was in tears and abused the driver something rotten. Away we went again for the second lap fantastic, :lol: the woman must have phoned the police to complain because when we got to Onchan the the police had set up a roadblock with two cars & bike to capture the driver, they took him off the bus questioned him on the side of the road for 10 mins and got him to blow in the bag, but he must have been clear because they let him carry on, big cheer from everyone on the bus :lol: & off we went again. Its they only time I've stopped for speeding on a bus, must be the best bus ride ever. When we stopped in Douglas I got the driver to sign my bus ticket as a memento.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote:PB,
I've heard of the fastest milkman in the west, but not the plumber :lol:

Chris.
Milky Quayle?
potterballs

Post by potterballs »

milky quale is the fastest taxi driver now haha!