Clampits!

General Biker Banter
Jbrebel

Clampits!

Post by Jbrebel »

Clamping- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8141471.stm - seems to be a bit of a hot topic recently.

Have you had any issues with clamping companies? What do you thing to the fees they charge and the protocols to which they work?

A mate of mine has just come back from a visit down south. A pair of shoes for his Mrs ended up costing £125 in release charges. Granted, she didn't check the area for notices etc before parking in an entertainment complex so it was her fault :oops: but I still find £125 extortionate for a 5 min over stay :evil: Ridic :x
SP1's rock!
LutonStorm

Re: Clampits!

Post by LutonStorm »

Good point JB.

How is it you can be caught without tax, MOT and insurance and have a £400 fine and yet be 5 mins over a parking duration and get over a quarter of the fine!!!

But I suppose that's the price of Capitalism!!!??
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

How about this one then.
The girlfriend went into the McDonalds drive-thru at Gatwick & had just picked up her son from school as was meeting a business colleague from the airport. Meal bought for him then she then drove to the airport, collected the colleague and they decided to grab a coffee at the same McDonalds so drove back and went through the same drive-thru. Result? A 120ukp 'fine' for overstaying her time at the place even though she was seen to go through twice on the CCTV that picked up this misdemeanour in the first place!!!

Bl%dy ridiculous and even though she tried to fight it she had to pay!!!!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I believe the latest bill that has been passed limits the amount they can charge now . Alledgedly they used to charge fees like £500-£1000 and there was bu**er all you could do 8O
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beast

Post by Beast »

Been there... done that... got the t-shirt...

My poor old Firestorm... luck got better after the accident... not!

Took the company to a small claims court to get my money back! 8)
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

That looks good in those colours 8)
Stevie