Late bite

General Bike chat
Frontslide

Late bite

Post by Frontslide »

My storm clutch bites really late, right at the end of the levers travel, no drag no slip. Also 1st to 2nd is horrible! opinions?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Late bite

Post by cupasoop »

Frontslide wrote:Also 1st to 2nd is horrible! opinions?
Their all like that. Keep your chain adjusted and change up early instead of reving the nuts off it in first.
Rich.

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Yep, mine's just the same too.

Honda are well known for having a particularly clunky 1st to 2nd in most of their gearboxes and the Storm is no different.

I don't worry about it too much as with all the torque I don't need to redline in 1st before changing up.

Actually, most hydraulic clutches I've experienced have been the same and its only cable ones that can really provide any fine tuning of the biting point.

Never been a problem, so never asked about it, but if there's a method to it, I wouldn't mind my biting point being a bit closer to the bars too.

Anybody know? I think cos its hydraulic, it doesn't adjust like that, but I'm not sure.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

You can normally get a late bite at them 24hr service stations!!!!........... ok I will get my coat :mrgreen:

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Really couldn't get on with how far out the clutch lever went so i took the lever off and shortened the pin (that pushes the master cylinder plunger) at the lever end where it fit's into the removable barrel, spot on now but theres a bit of play in the lever, i think i will be able to cure this by inserting a small spring behind the pin when i can find one small enough :biggrin
firestarter1977

Post by firestarter1977 »

sounds like a decent fix fronty

mine is the same on both accounts .

regards mark

the thunder rolls on!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's interesting F/S,