Carrier bags

General Biker Banter
Jim67

Carrier bags

Post by Jim67 »

Whats this all about? just seen it on the news!!! about cutting back on bags given out at supermarkets, ok they take 1000 years to break down....so stop making them!!!! making people pay 15p a bag has been sugested!!! does that make them break down quicker??? NO.......doh
I thought it was obvious, use paper bags like they have been using in the states and OZ.
Or is that to simple!!!

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
Zakalwe

Re: Carrier bags

Post by Zakalwe »

They got rid of them in Ireland years ago...if you want a bag then you pay for it.

If you ever go to India you will see that everywhere you see is littered by the damn things. Look down any cycleway in the UK and the hedges are also littered by them. They are too convenient IMHO.....but the other half of the battle is that people need educating. Educating not only to reuse plastic bags, but also not to litter.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
stormingjoe

Re: Carrier bags

Post by stormingjoe »

m&s at t5 tried charging but now reverted back to free bags, paper bags are the option, no bags would be better, then people would take thier own.......shimples
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.