Re: Weather..

General Biker Banter
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:roll: recon we had less rain in the winter! another good reason for not polishing everything on this bike :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

It depresses me Mike...

That and Esther Rantzen :biggrin
SP1's rock!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

FirestormMike wrote:Just did a metcheck search, and they have rain forecast all over the country for the next 2 weeks. Don't you just love summertime........
Cheers mike, :wink: ...and here's me driving 470 miles later today to the south coast for my holidays :!:

Weather men.......blah :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I honestly cant complain up here , weve had weeks of great weather up till about 2 weeks ago,but it's very mixed now.
It's still clear,i can see the isle of Arran from my window,and thats around 30 miles away,so it's not too bad right now.
Stevie
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

It's clear enough here BP...

It just rains at random moments :? trying to do some work in our back yard with electrics...pain in the derek.
SP1's rock!
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

past caring what the poxy weather does, been sh*t from the 1st day I got back on a bike almost 2 years ago. I'll ride in anything short of a monsoon now.
Pantaloonie

Post by Pantaloonie »

Despite multiple heavy downpours today, I managed to fit (at the kerbside) an R6 Regulator/Rectifier, and an alarm system. Remote start.... useless, but very cool.
Wish I had a garage, this weather is so unpredictable.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

rain so much today, the bike aquaplaned on way to work, at work loads a bloody cancelled flights, been non stop all sodding day :silent: :Mad3:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:Just did a metcheck search, and they have rain forecast all over the country for the next 2 weeks. Don't you just love summertime........
Mike,

I use Metcheck too, but also use the BBC weather forecast which I find pretty accurate for me. None of them get it right everytime though :wink:
There's two Stockton-on-Tees according to the BBC link, so don't know if this one (Middlesbourgh) is the correct one :!:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... on-on-Tees

Chris.

PS. According to what my better half heard, this is the way it's going to be for July and August from now on, it's called Global Warming apparently, more like Global Wetting I'd say. They may be right, it's been like it for the last two years :thumbdown:
Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

Same here, weather is sunny, but my front calipers are stipped down awaiting new seals :(
Ride Safe
Phil
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:well last night it said rain, this morning there isnt a cloud in the sky !
I'm off out in a bit to make the most of it.
Middlesbrough is just a couple of miles up the road Chris, but I think they just stick any old weather on it... anything north of the Watford gap doesn't exist to the people who make these sites... :lol:
Well according to the BBC link, they got it right this time. Best get going then as it's coming in wet later so they say :!:

:) I don't know if that's true (Re:- anything north of the Watford gap), but funny you should mention Watford Gap, my missus is from Watford.

I hope you enjoy your ride out :)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Timbo wrote:
Or, buy a gold wing :thumbup: Same sort of size as a camper, comfy as a camper, you can sleep in it and it only has 2 wheels.
Yeah, most people you see out on one ride like they're asleep....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I've just spent the last hour down the beach with the dog........wee bit breezy but a lovely day apart from that :thumbup:
Rich.

Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

Lovely day here, just got back in after being on the bike for hours just riding around :)
Ride Safe
Phil
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Got sun burnt watching Rossi and the boy's baccking it in to redgate, and the mardy Australian backing it in to the gravel trap :biggrin