BA or Virgin to the USA

General Biker Banter
Fireman on a Storm

BA or Virgin to the USA

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I've been having a discussion with my wife. We're going to the USA for our 20th anniversary next year. She wants to go Virgin but a flight company we've used before are saying BA is just as good and might be cheaper.

What do you think BA or Virgin???
Jbrebel

Re: BA or Virgin to the USA

Post by Jbrebel »

I've never flown with Virgin so I cant comment. However if this is owt to go by...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trave ... etter.html

That did make me laugh :lol:...but back to the original question :D

...we did fly with BA to Barbados a couple of years ago and I had no complaints. Good service, friendly staff and plenty of free wine :biggrin

I'm sure opinions will vary but thats mine :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

either, if travelling bucket class there is no difference, also you cant book seats like they suggest on either seems to be a lottery for seats. if going other classes Virgin, particullary the top classes, would edge it, just not a lot of difference. BA now have T5 at Heathrow as a dedicated terminal, and tend to be complacent, my thoughts only, also I work at from Heathrow.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

If you're flying to JFK then BA hedges it as they have the dedicated terminal and VERY nice lounges. Upper Class Virgin is about £300-£500 more than BA FIRST from my US experiences. But the upstairs bar (747-400) is cool enough to be in James Bond films so.........(grin)

It is a real lottery as the guys say. Let us know where you're going and we'll give you ideas for a good time!

SK
Fireman on a Storm

I should have said. We can only afford ecconomy and will be going to florida!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

only done Florida with Virgin from Gatwick, the airport as most of BAA was a let down and the fact Virgin allow you to book seats when in reality on bargain basement you get given what is available, I have a 6'6" stepson and dont fit easy in seats. Virgin was the cheapest holiday by some 500 notes at the time and still come up the best prices. Thinking of going again next year!cant get enough of roller coasters, duelling dragons at universal aweeeeeesomeeee!!!!
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:I should have said. We can only afford ecconomy and will be going to florida!
Florida? Next month?? go Virgin and I'll save you a seat :mrgreen:

Seriously, have you got a date yet. I'll be out there with the wife for the last two weeks of September.
23 yrs for us , Jeez, you only get twenty for murder 8O

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Fireman on a Storm

Pete.L wrote:
Fireman on a Storm wrote:I should have said. We can only afford ecconomy and will be going to florida!

Seriously, have you got a date yet. I'll be out there with the wife for the last two weeks of September.

Pete.l
August 2010

We used the virgin early check in at down town disney on our last day when we was there before. Great idea, get rid of your cases first thing in the morning. Have a good day, go to the airport, go through security and fly home.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:
Pete.L wrote:

Pete.l
August 2010

We used the virgin early check in at down town disney on our last day when we was there before. Great idea, get rid of your cases first thing in the morning. Have a good day, go to the airport, go through security and fly home.
Earlier he said
We're going to the USA for our 20th anniversary next year.
God knows where I got next month from 8O I hadn't even been drinking...honest :shifty:

Sound like a good plan being able to get rid of your cases first thing. It always feels a bit like a wasted day when you've got all your baggage and your just waiting on a flight. I might just have to look into that, thanks for the heads up.

Pete.l
mwad

Post by mwad »

Me too. I go in 4 weeks. This is my 1st trip to Florida.

We are flying with Virgin
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
mwad

Post by mwad »

Pete.L wrote:
I'll be out there with the wife for the last two weeks of September.

Pete.l

Me too !!
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
gilson

Post by gilson »

Hell, it's easy, the cheapest.. then spend the saving on enjoying yourself. We went Icelandic Air to Florida, best Airplane food I've ever had, the salmon was magic...

I have preference for Virgin and if you get their Black credit card you get some good air mile deals.
Have a great time....I went with my family when I was 24, bro was 21... we had a blast.. Disney is enjoyable for all!
No bike (yet).
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

mwad wrote:
Pete.L wrote:
I'll be out there with the wife for the last two weeks of September.

Pete.l

Me too !!
First time!! You'll love it :D It will rain though, so don't be dissappointed. The joys of a sub tropical climate, even when it's wet it's hot.
If I had to list my favorite parks it would be ,Universal, Sea world, Bush Gardens and then the Disney ones. Well worth doing at least a couple I reckon.

Pete.l
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I used to go out with a Virgin Air Hostess so go Virgin...... The standard of Hosty is far better than on a BA flight and the red uniform with white stockings and red high heels .... :boobs: :erection: :oops: Ill get my coat
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'