Want to cry. my life is knakered

General Bike chat
kevg

Re: Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by kevg »

I can't for the life of me remember why marty was sitting on the table in that first pic...WTF were we up to...to much drink me thinks, lol, Happy dayz.

i hope he is enjoying his french mistress to the full.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ummm french mistress :thumbup: that sounds pretty good to me, although I don't think the wife will agree :wink:

Chris.

PS. well done in finding the pic's Rich :thumbup:
tattie

Post by tattie »

It certainly don't feel like 3 years ago. That was a good run on the saturday, blue skys and empty roads "seagulls" :lol: I remember you were a bit off colour as well Cuppa :wink:.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

tattie wrote:It certainly don't feel like 3 years ago. That was a good run on the saturday, blue skys and empty roads "seagulls" :lol: I remember you were a bit off colour as well Cuppa :wink:.

Cheers

A.M.

Saw him on the border's ride, he don't look any better. :Jaw Drop:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Can't understand how i have missed this post for this long must be my blonde gene. :lol:

I don't know Marty or Nix personally but feel as a member of the site that i need to send my best wish's to the both of you and hope things get better in the future.

Steve :thumbup:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The new back tyre and kids shoes mean rock all after catching up with this thread. Just makes me want to enjoy the next pint or 10 mile stretch of twisties and more importantly the next good laugh. Enjoy whatever good times come your way because you never know when the boney bast*** will come calling. Best wishes to both of you and keep us informed.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Beamish wrote:The new back tyre and kids shoes mean rock all after catching up with this thread. Just makes me want to enjoy the next pint or 10 mile stretch of twisties and more importantly the next good laugh. Enjoy whatever good times come your way because you never know when the boney bast*** will come calling. Best wishes to both of you and keep us informed.
couldnt agree more, and best wishes
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
warby221

Post by warby221 »

+2 on that one
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Hello Boys and Girls

Its been a bit hectic since getting Martin home on Monday, with a lot of NHS staff and carers coming in. I've tried to encourage Martin to get on line, but so far no joy.

He's doing well, looks heaps better, but is getting weaker. I'm now giving him whats called cough assist. Big machine that blows air into his lungs and if necessary sucks it all out again. Manual cough assist, pressing on his chest to help him cough up secretions.

I just wanted to up date you all briefly and hopefully over the next few weeks Martin might post himself or at least bring himself up to date with all your posts. I've passed on your good wishes.

Getting a sitter on Saturday, so I can go and visit Mum and Dad, get a bit of shopping, and if I can fit it in, some me time.

Take care all, keep the posts going.

Nx
' :@

every new day is a bonus.
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

No one can say anything that would make things seem better.I don't know the two of you at all,but being a member of this forum makes you feel part of anything good and unfortunately anything bad.
We can't imagine what you are going through at this time,what you have endured so far is far more than most of us will ever experience in our life and for that, I applaud you.
It's alright saying" no sad statements,keep up the joviality" but that must just be a face you have to put on.All I want to say is ,the people you never know are sometimes the one's that influence you the most.
I am truly sorry for the way things have turned out.Keep strong,and if any off us can do anything,please ask.

Mark.
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

My words seem so meaningless, but all the best that this mess can possibly bring you. You are an inspiration ... My next ride is for the both of you and your family...
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

so i'm back from hospital hurrah. first can i thank you all for keeping this thread going whilst i have been away. and for all the .support your messages bring me . Norma has been keeping youse all up to date i see, cool. hospital was a drag man, but all the yummy young nurses and bed baths were a pleasant enough distraction :thumbup: :thumbup: .
i can only type with one finger on my right hand and it makes me tired very quickly, so this wll be quite short . got my go faster wheelchair. needs more ooomph tho...lost about three stone due to muscle atrophy. the pics norma took need a strong stomach to view even by me...breathing is ok-ish and i have a piece of kit that helps get air into my lungs and to help me cough up the crap. so....so far so good .l8rs all :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

It took a lot for Martin to write that post. Over the next few weeks, we are hoping to rearrange the computer so that it sits and is used mainly in the bed room, where he is more comfortable (at times), and I will see about some voice recognition software, to be more energy efficient.

The weight loss can be the biggest problem as it makes him bonier than usual which is why it is so uncomfortable for him.

Take care all, we will keep you updated. Keep your posts coming.

Nx
' :@
gilson

Post by gilson »

Great to get a post from Marty.... we appreciate hearing from you matey...

Take care.
No bike (yet).
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:clap: take care matey, got a couple of spare batterys if ya wanna add some more BHP to ya chair :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........