Tank range

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Tank range

Post by LotusSevenMan »

We all bitch about the std pre 2001 tank range as navigating via petrol stations can be annoying. I wonder why Honda missed this trick.
As most know I have a Ducati. Now they have a similar size air box, but fit the air filter either side on intakes located through the nose fairing. Now here's the clever bit (IMHO). They have the lower airbox section with a foam rubber seal along the top edge that effectively seals against the lower section of the fuel tank. That allows for a very slim tank that your knees can tuck into but one that goes lower as there is no airbox lid and the necessary clearance to worry about. I get about 125 miles before the orange fuel light comes on. Not a lot more than the F/S but a bit more useful range.
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
LutonStorm

Re: Tank range

Post by LutonStorm »

On my R ('98) it depends on how i've been riding. Around town the light comes on at about 90miles and if i've done a long blat up the motorway it usually comes on about 100 ish. Odd it's that way round!

I can never fill it more than £14 though. And thats right up to the overflow point.

Is that normal? Thought I could get nearly £16 as it's 16 litres?