Tyre, for tom tom..

General Bike chat
chuxsta

Tyre, for tom tom..

Post by chuxsta »

dont know how many of you use this or have heard of it.

but its a handy little monkey for sure..

its third party software for your PC to plan routes for your tom tom.. it uses google earth or google maps to make route planning easy.
its designed with bikes in mind. it even has the option of BIKE when you choose mode of transport... and you can even tell it how you ride..
so your route times are a little bit more accurate.

i think there are other brucey bonus's in there if you have the real tom tom rider..
i only have an acquired version of tom tom on my PPC phone so dont think i get the full benefit of this application..

but its well worth a look..

>>>> TYRE WEB SITE HERE <<<<
chuxsta

Re: Tyre, for tom tom..

Post by chuxsta »

after reading a bit more on his site i found out its just software to make google maps / earth routes work in tom tom..

but non the less its a dam site easy planning routes via google than it is using the tom tom...
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

its been a god send for me since moving up north... not having a clue where to go so i would sit down with google maps out at the pc with a beer or 4 and make up some routes and then try em out as n when.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Cheers Chuxsta, looks interesting and might have to give this a go on the TomTom Rider :)
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

Beast wrote:Cheers Chuxsta, looks interesting and might have to give this a go on the TomTom Rider :)
no worries,..

i found it a while ago, its so much easier to plan a route using google dragging n dropping markers then just saving the file and sending them to the tom tom...
and tyre turns those markers in to waypoints and you can add certain points as fav places making new routes easy to knock up.