James Toseland what do you think?

Any racing related stuff
Beamish

James Toseland what do you think?

Post by Beamish »

My opinion.......

1. Great rider with 100% focus on his job.
2. Not a natural talent as he has to work a lot harder than the best of the rest (in GP that is).
3. Really nice guy to speak to and appreciates his fans.
4. Out of a Moto GP job next year because he just isnt good enough for that ride.

I think he may do a straight swap with Spies or maybe go to Ten Kate in place of Checa/Rea.

Opinions please. :D
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
donk

Re: James Toseland what do you think?

Post by donk »

Im with you on this one, i think it will be a straight swap with spies. I have always liked toseland, he seems to have a lot of time for his fans unlike that muppet lorenzo!!

I am sad to think (GP)yamaha has not given him another ride even though he has improved from last year.

Wherever he goes i wish him all the best!!!
rmh

Post by rmh »

Always supported the Brits that push to the max, thought it was ambitious to go to MotoGP but if you dont try you`ll never know ....but watching Neil Hodgson must show that its a big step up, and a risk.

Actually met James at the Bennetts track day the other week and he made time for everyone, i know it was a promotional day and its part of his job, but it did not feel like it, he never stopped doing photo`s, signing stuff and taking some of the fast guys round the track to show them lines.

After that day he has even more respect from me, not just on the bike but also as a person....
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beamish wrote:My opinion.......

1. Great rider with 100% focus on his job.
2. Not a natural talent as he has to work a lot harder than the best of the rest (in GP that is).
3. Really nice guy to speak to and appreciates his fans.
4. Out of a Moto GP job next year because he just isnt good enough for that ride.

I think he may do a straight swap with Spies or maybe go to Ten Kate in place of Checa/Rea.

Opinions please. :D
I couldn't argue with that Jim, I like James but was afraid he might lose his job in Moto GP to Spies. Whether he does a straight swap with Spies only time will tell, but wherever he ends up I hope he has a descent bike :!:

It would appear the guy's that do the best in Moto GP are the ones that have come up through the ranks, starting with the 125's, then the 250's first IMHO.

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Think you are right about rising through the ranks but I think Spies will be up the front from the off. He is an outstanding talent.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beamish wrote:I think Spies will be up the front from the off. He is an outstanding talent.
I'm not so sure about that myself, only my opinion I know, but it's the same thing again, a step from Super Bikes to Moto GP. I guess time will tell.

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I'd agree Tim.

I just don't think he's put the performances in throughout his 2 years in MGP-obvioulsy this can be down to a lot of factors.

If I were in his position (which I'm not!) I'd look at getting the best possible ride in WSB. Its a better series in some respects and IF he were to get offered another MGP ride it'd probably be a really poor team. That'd be it then after that-sayonara- although different circumstances look at Hodgson, McWilliams, Byrne, Ellison et al...

They all tried to hang on but eneded up with a pile of poo or in career limbo/or worse for sometime.
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Wow what a team! I hope James is capable of beating Cal, cos if he doesnt it will really screw him up :eek2
Really looking fwd to WSB next year already :biggrin
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Got a signed shirt mounted in a frame from the man himself, for sale if anyones interested. :)