SP2 Slipper Clutch?

General Bike chat
Beamish

SP2 Slipper Clutch?

Post by Beamish »

Right then, I have just read the review on visordown for the SP2. It states that the SP2 comes with a slipper clutch as standard :confused . I wasnt aware of this and after riding the Blade that definately had a slipper it certainly doesnt feel much like it has one. To be honest though I havent purposely slammed down the box and let the clutch bang in either as I ride it like a twin. On the other hand it hasnt got out of shape during enthusiatstic riding. So does it have one or not ? Does anyone know for definate, has anyone stripped the clutch basket?

"The digital dash is sheer brilliance. The rev-counter is a horizontal Stack-style device, with LCD blocks running from left to right as you rev it, and a big LCD speedo to the side of that. It’s an absolute pleasure to have your nose buried in the clocks, listening to the ram-fed airbox underneath you snarling away and watching the digital tacho climbing the scales, ready to pop in the next gear on the (very positive) gearbox. Talking of the transmission, the clutch is light and being a slipper-clutch, you can nail it down on the way into corners without fear of the back end locking-up and wagging around like an over-eager black labrador. "

Taken straight from the review.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Dean O

Re: SP2 Slipper Clutch?

Post by Dean O »

don't think so Jim :?

larger image Honda SP1/SP2 Sigma Slipper Clutch
£649.75
Honda SP1 / SP2
Six ramp, wet type. Hard anodised in grey; Clutch centre only. Uses standard clutch friction plates and springs
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just wishful thinking on the Journo's part.
And believe me, try braking from 150 ish to 25 for the horse shoe at the end of the straight at Pembry and it will jump around like an over excited labrador. It took quite a few laps before I got the hang of it. Just the engine braking and no rear brake is more than enough to lock the back end if you try hard enough :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thats exactly what I thought, sounds like a case of visordown bo**cks. Thought I was going mad :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'