Slightly Stormless

General Bike chat
Beast

Slightly Stormless

Post by Beast »

Well the other weekend after a good day out on the bike i decided to park up outside the local supermarket on a completely empty side of approx 10 car spaces.

Just as i was leaving the store i saw a car reverse into the Storm, nothing i could of done. :(

Not only was it just a little bump it was a complete smack sending the bike lurching forward into the kurb.

Front, side and rear damage! :(

Luckily i only lived 2 mins up the road and managed to limp back with all bits intact but looks like the front rad has sprung a leak, forks looks slightly twisted in the yoke (slightly) and a judder on braking hard which i think is the front disc... add the rest of the damage up and i know the bike will become uneconomical to repair... still got to wait to see what the insurance company says.

Annoying thing is how the hell does someone reverse into my bike with all the empty spaces around, just my luck i suppose.

Will either buy it back from the insurance dirt cheap or goto the dark side (SP) when they cough up. ;)
tony.mon

Re: Slightly Stormless

Post by tony.mon »

At least you were there so they couldn't just drive off.

Insured were they?

Sounds like a great track day bike in the making..... :wink:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

not good matey, some complete muppetts out there!!, but on a better note welcome to the dark side (maybe) :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Sh** luck there buddy, I despair sometimes watching people trying to park. Good excuse to join the SP clan though :D
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Thats pants mate-hope you get it sorted out.

Like Tony said-at least you managed to grab the guilty party.
SP1's rock!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Similar thing happened to me during the summer in a hit & run - close to being a cosmetic write off but the inspector engineer knowing I was going to tidy it up myself wangled a cash in lieu payment, without it getting written off. Otherwise he said insurers pay direct to the repairing garage, and if it was written off and I wanted to buy it back it would have meant a new inspection by DVLA costing £40 (and potentially having existing insurance policy cancelled).

In the end I spent £80 on secondhand parts from ebay + £30 on paint + two days tinkering in the summer sunshine and she's is as good as new again.

Even if you need a new disc (£100 - £120), and you source the other parts from ebay you should still be, despite the unnecessary hassle, quids in.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Beast

Post by Beast »

Yes they were insured luckily and just glad i caught it happen as you in most cases the other party always does a runner.

Interesting Wicky, will bear what you said in mind. ;)
jedi

Post by jedi »

Sorry to hear about your storm mate, there are some tw@ drivers about. You can't be without a storm hope you get it sorted out. :problem:
Beast

Post by Beast »

Thanks all.
Waiting game for the insurance companies as you all know...
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Bloody Brighton drivers! :mad2 Good luck with the insurance fella...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

How gutting :!:
I hope it as painless as possible to get it all sorted and doesn't take to long.

Chris.