Seeker 77

Re: she's here

Post by Seeker 77 »

Something to whet your appetite....... turn up the volume

[youtube][/youtube]
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

When you shut your eyes listening to that Mark all you can think is Moto GP 8) 8) 8)

Ace :thumbup:

I really want a RSV4 :(

Alan-sod the R1 and buy that (you jammy b#stard!) :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
SP1's rock!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Jbrebel wrote:When you shut your eyes listening to that Mark all you can think is Moto GP
You are so right mate, hadn't tried that but it is pure RC212 i reckon
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Gorgeoussss mate...

Proper sound!!! 8) Kind of "twists" the hairs on your back-as well as making them stand up at the same time?!?! :lol:

What’s your thoughts on the RSV4 then Mark having ridden one?

Not to hijack your thread Alan :thumbup: we need more on the baby gixxer 1st!
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The R1 :eek2 Cant get past the looks! Dame Edna :lol: The RSV is a sweet machine and now the cheaper cousin is available. Its special thats for sure but is it worth 5K over a new Blade? No would be my answer and its far too small for me (Although Leon Camier managed 8) ) . The RC8R now that is special again and there may be deals to be had.
That RSV sounds mint! The Gixxer will satisfy your thirst for handling but not for power thats for sure.

What a great dilemma......it was like my problem just with an extra 5K to play with :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Alan, how's things going with the Gixxer 600 so far :?:
Jbrebel wrote:When you shut your eyes listening to that Mark all you can think is Moto GP 8) 8) 8)
Doesn't it just JB :D : 8) 8)

A brilliant audio/video clip Mark :thumbup:

Chris.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Jbrebel wrote:What’s your thoughts on the RSV4 then Mark having ridden one?
Same sort of grunt and punch as mine, similar figures but much more assured handling in the bends. Still doesn't touch my K5 in the midrange - few bikes can - but low down has a bit more.

And which would i prefer? The RSV4 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It is without doubt my ultimate bike. Power of the Gixer, sound of the gods. Just need to find someone to give me another 10 grand to buy one and convince my wife that it is exactly what we need with the arrival of our baby (6 weeks and counting btw).
alan

Post by alan »

Great vid Mark i loved it on my test ride nearly sold my house and bought a camper van to live in when it came out :lol:

Chris im loving the gixxer m8 it makes my old vtr feel like a tank the handling of the gixxer is just superb. If nobody has ridden the late...ish 600,s go have ago im sure you will enjoy it and deff make you smile, i can honestly say im having more fun riding this than i ever did riding my vtr.

Jim it might not have the out right power of a big twin but it aint slow by no means i was really surprised just how quick it is and the sound of that yoshi is addictive as fook
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

mellis wrote:convince my wife that it is exactly what we need with the arrival of our baby (6 weeks and counting btw).
Could be a sticking point Mark...:lol:

Congrats btw-all the best pal :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Jbrebel wrote:Congrats btw-all the best pal :thumbup:
Cheers bud, starting to panic :eek2
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alan wrote: Chris im loving the gixxer m8 it makes my old vtr feel like a tank the handling of the gixxer is just superb. If nobody has ridden the late...ish 600,s go have ago im sure you will enjoy it and deff make you smile, i can honestly say im having more fun riding this than i ever did riding my vtr.
Pleased too hear you're loving the new bike Alan :thumbup:

Mark, fingers crossed all goes well mate.

Chris.
alan

Post by alan »

hey come on Mark hijacking my thread thats enough baby talk :wink:

congrats m8 and best wishes to you both :thumbup: :thumbup:
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Thanks everyone! Sorry to hijack this but i have had a weekend of antenatal classes and havent got anywhere near the garage to even look at my bike :thumbdown:

All this talk of V4s got me looking around the internet for something that makes that same spine-tingling howl for a little less cash and thought i was there with an RC30 VFR750R.

Wrong answer!! Its cheaper to buy an RSV4 :eek2 They go for over £12 :eek2 :eek2

Stick with me Gixer methinks!
alan

Post by alan »

hijack all you want Mark if your bringing videos like the previous one :thumbup:

ive seen the rc30/rc45 as much as £18,000 before infact padgetts have one for £20,000

this pic i took at a show earlier this year this rc45 was immaculate he had been offered over £20,000 and turned it down it had next to zero miles too

and these for the oldies on here to remember the good old days :)

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Al, dont get me wrong in the real world (twisty A's) my friend on his ZX636r could stay within spitting distance of the Blade but add one long straight and it was bye bye Vienna. Come to think of it it was bye bye Vienna to most bikes that decided to follow :D :twisted:
I had the 2008 Gixxer for a day and when not in the groove or just pottering along the work rate just to overtake some cars was enough to put me off. I havent ridden anything with less than 130bhp for a while though (98 Blade,2008 Blade and SP2) The K5 Gixxer is a great bike and any of the new litre bikes are stunning just a matter of personal taste. I went back to the SP as it gives me great owner satisfaction, great noise, hard work to throw about compared to either Blade but somehow greater pleasure. Howling back from Edinburgh I realised that me and the SP would be together for some time (money and health permitting :angel: ) Money no object A 1098R in Troys colour scheme would be in the garage.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'