Pipes and forks

General Bike chat
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

Squirell,

Have to agree about riding style. I am by no means "Mr Experience" when i come to riding, but i have had some lessons who would stack up in that test with the best in the world (Aus SuperBike School). Ideas about leaving the bike as it is when Honda give it to you cause Honda knows best are all ideas that I tend to agree with.
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

The whole suspension thing does seem to be a matter of how you ride, personnally I have'nt found it to be a problem then again I'm never going to set any lap records either. I think the essence of this thread is that if you ride hard and fast then you will need some modifications and if, like me, you ride quickly but smoothly (SLOW :cry: ) then the standard setup is pretty much OK.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Honda design their bikes for people who are five foot ten and ten and a half stone (147lbs)
That being the average height to weight statistic at the time.
So when you put in the human factor that so many of us fall outside their generalisation of what the bikes designed for it only makes sense that to get the best out of it you're going to have to change a few bits and pieces to suit the individual.
Pete.l

Then think of the condition of some of our roads and you need different setting for different streets.
Not Bottomed it Out 8O . You're not trying hard enough :wink:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Well personally mines bog standard, sure I keep twidling with the settings, soft for everyday commuting, medium for ride out, harder if it looks like a really fast run, prefer middle ground cos smooth seems best.

Now I could ride real fast but value by bones too much on the road, seen too many paralized, or dead to go mad on the road.

Can,t afford track days, or £600 for rear shock etc so like most have to live and adapt to the bike just have fun thats whats important live for today.
it may be clever, but its not big.
simon t

Post by simon t »

I was thinking about getting my forks done at K-Tech but something Del said concerns me:
If your running a standard rear shock then as soon as the forks have been ROGERED then you will notice the shite rear end. So get ya forks to roger at revolution uk for a work over and dash out and buy a penske rear too.
I'm not prepared to throw £600 at the back end, so will I be making more trouble for myself by sorting the forks rather than leaving well alone?
kevg

Post by kevg »

Three of my mates have used KTech, they all seem happy with the service, they returned the forks quickly and they now perform well.
can't ask for more than that.

the bikes were 2 TL R's and an SP1.
cheerz

kev
simon t

Post by simon t »

Well I shouldn't have too much trouble getting the forks back as K-Tech are based in Coalville, 10 miles from my house and about 1/2 mile from the Victoria (see "Storm Gathering").

Question was really whether sorting forks just makes rest of the bike feel deficient or whether it's worth doing on its own???
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Simon t,

nah mate it's not that bad at all, I was just making a point. If you can spare the cash then do the front end cos you will kick ya self if you don't when it all goes pear shaped on a bend and ya drop ya baby.

Del.
rivergypsy

Post by rivergypsy »

You didn`t read my opinion close enough Del...I didn`t claim my forks were good..I said if your SKILL was good enough you`ll make the best out of a bad deal anyway.
Yeah..a good set up turns a average ride into the dogs swinging bits for sure but at the end of the day you`ll overcome anything if you`ve got the beans in yer bag to deal with it....as for not riding hard enough Del...that was a naughty one bro, you don`t know me and you ain`t ever been out and cut it with me, so why diss me?
keep an eye out for a storm with No 15 on its white panelled ass end, then you can offer to show me how to ride hard ok.

And that ain`t personal either

Respect, rivergypsy.
rivergypsy

Post by rivergypsy »

As for the pipes..thank you Steve, I`ll look into your suggestions
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

My riding is poop, but who cares (best I just stay in me garage). Bet you still ride crap though with or with out ya number 15 :roll: :P

Del.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

oh sorry didn't mean to diss you :oops:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Bet the number 15 makes the bike faster,,,,,,,,,,where can i get one.
Would a 7 be half as fast?
it may be clever, but its not big.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Oooh, handbags! Reckon Del and Rivergypsy should come along to the Vic stormgathering and give us all a laugh :lol:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

yeah right, have to prise me out the garage first, I'm too nice for all that stuff anyway. Just cos I ain't learned the craft, I'm gonna sulk now.

Del. (it's all good fun and a laugh)