Missing my storm!

General Biker Banter
bikerman

Missing my storm!

Post by bikerman »

Got rid of my storm about 3 months ago for an SRAD 750, but i dont half miss that VEE TWIN thunder and torque! :sad2 Guess i'll have to keep my eyes open for one!
bikerman

Re: Missing my storm!

Post by bikerman »

IL4 are great but lack that Vtwin soul!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Yep, i'sa reading Tim... :D
SP1's rock!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Outa your system ..... Pah!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Think the 750's are Graeme!

The Blade is still an option...:think:

I'll probably know a bit more by next week! Tis nice to be bike shopping again :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Watch this space...watch that profile pic...:think:
SP1's rock!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Jbrebel wrote:Think the 750's are Graeme!

The Blade is still an option...:think:

I'll probably know a bit more by next week! Tis nice to be bike shopping again :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Watch this space...watch that profile pic...:think:
cough cough SP 1 cough cough
:biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I'm missing my storm, look at her

she is having a winter makeover...

I think I will have to pinch my brothers 125 is we get a nice weekend :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

What are your plans for the front end :?:

Chris.

**EDIT** I've just seen/found your post. Head bearings forks seals etc.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

sirch345 wrote:
What are your plans for the front end :?:

Chris.

**EDIT** I've just seen/found your post. Head bearings forks seals etc.
started the long process of polishing the forks, started off with a metal file then started on 360 grit wet n dry, got a long way to go thou before I put the uprated sprins and fork seals in. Next step will be 800 grit, then 1500, 2500 and finally aluminium polish to get that mirror finish....and no I am not doing anyone elses :roll:

IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206 ... G_0304.jpg[/IMG]
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

bazza696 when you come to use the power tools and those "mops" where are you gonna source yours from the hard felt type or plastic kinda foam mops for pollishing the biggish ones to use on electric drills, I hate those hobby craft small ones about 20mm diameter they suck, only place I can find so far is Machine Mart which sell a kinda felt mop but even that is too small, just be interested cus I have lots to do myself. Also where did you get the 2.5k paper from Halfrauds only sell 1.6k I think max. Hey and keep up the good work. i've pollished things before and it takes a sodding long time to get a mirror finnish managed to eventually on a car fuel rail but that took hours for the ends....................... + lots of that autosole compound.

Edit the recessed bits and curves look like a bloody pain there
heard you can buy those piller grinding machines use those huge mops on but where to source the mopss pass.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

You missed that one John
Jbrebel wrote:Think the 750's are Graeme!
I was referring to
Timbo wrote: I had 3 storms before i got them out of my system :)
Bazza - hope you've blocked the orifices on the fork leg up nice and tight - any tiny tiny bits of swarf or grit from the W&D that get in there are going to wreak havoc with your fork seals when you re-fit them.

7 of 9 - try ebay, quite a lot of polising accessories and kits available on there.

Failing that try Frost Restorers Equipment here Clicky they sell all sorts of kit for restoration including a wide range of polishing stuff.

HTH
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Must be that time of year!
Just lacquered my replacement pair.

I got lazy, though- got as far as paint stripping the old lacquer off, then flap wheel to remove all the old casting wrinkles and dimples, the a wire wheel to get a finish.
Ended up like the bottom one in the picture Bazza posted.

But then I sort of liked the industrial look, and lacquered the forks as they were.

I can always re-do and mirror polish later if I decide that it doesn't work, but the theory is that with a bit of a pattern on them they won;t show the tiniest blemish quite as obviously.

Sort of like buying a patterned carpet when you have toddlers!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

tony.mon wrote:Must be that time of year!
Just lacquered my replacement pair.

I got lazy, though- got as far as paint stripping the old lacquer off, then flap wheel to remove all the old casting wrinkles and dimples, the a wire wheel to get a finish.
Ended up like the bottom one in the picture Bazza posted.

But then I sort of liked the industrial look, and lacquered the forks as they were.

I can always re-do and mirror polish later if I decide that it doesn't work, but the theory is that with a bit of a pattern on them they won;t show the tiniest blemish quite as obviously.

Sort of like buying a patterned carpet when you have toddlers!
I agree with ya Tony, it took me approx 7 hours to get the fork in that state, and I have another 4 grit sizes to work through then a polish and lacquer, then do it all again on the other one. If it was not for help from my brother I would be thinking that effect as well but I have started so I will finish. It has its advantages doing it indoors.

This is the experiment for how the swing arm will go as that will be attacked next cause I want to take it off and lub the bearings as well as do the nipple conversion as we discussed Tony. whilst off it will be polished.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

bikerman wrote:IL4 are great but lack that Vtwin soul!

Nah, v-twins are shite...IL4s are where its at (lights blue touch paper, runs like merry hell) :lol:
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Zakalwe wrote:
bikerman wrote:IL4 are great but lack that Vtwin soul!

Nah, v-twins are shite...IL4s are where its at (lights blue touch paper, runs like merry hell) :lol:
I think you took a wrong turn instead right for dullsville you went left towards the soul train.... only joking, you cant have got along with a v twin otherwise you would not be saying harsh things about them....