Dead as a dodo

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
balls

Dead as a dodo

Post by balls »

Just changed the rr to a r6 one charged the battery last night stuck it on the bike today nothing no light nothing at all , :mad2 got 13 volts at the battery but nothing anywhere else checked all fuses all ok and the earth from batt to frame all ok any idea,s folks . Even if the battery was low the lights would come on the only thing I can think is that I have disturbed somthing as the bike was turning on ok and running before I started. :redface
Jonesey

Re: Dead as a dodo

Post by Jonesey »

Kill switch?
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kill switch prob would still let the lights work, surely?

But if you've just changed the RR then I'd suspect a diode wired the wrong way round, something on the connections, anyway.
Try disconnecting the rr, then seeing if it will crank?

Or might be worth putting jump leads on from another 12v vehicle and seeing if it's current not voltage below par.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Gotta be as Tony's reply shirley?

Have you seen this page? http://vtr1000f.wickidnet.com Probably teaching you to suck eggs or however that w@nky saying goes but just in case not...

Good luck

James
balls

Post by balls »

Well took the r6 reg off and put the honda one back on still dead can only think that its taken my new battery out as well S**T .Thanks gidsy yes I looked at that and made sure it was all correct, feel like throwing the bike in the skip at the moment and the new reg went in perfect I knew it was going to well :mad2 :mad2 :mad2 :mad2 :mad2
Not sure what to do next :(
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

where bouts are you balls, ive got a spare storm battery in me garage,(just incase!) kept on an optimiser :wink: jumping it off a car will tell you if its just the battery
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

If your local to Manchester i could have a look for you Got 10 years experiance with car electrics and not bad with the old storm wiring loom too. :thumbup:
balls

Post by balls »

Thanks for the offer m8 sadly I live in penzance cornwall wich is along way from everyone and everything apart from chris :eek2
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

its a while since i had the storm now but i seem to remember it having a fuse on the starter relay which kills everything,just a thought :confused
balls

Post by balls »

thanks for that I saw that today will :idea: have a look at it again I think is around 30 amps that fuse :idea:
chaz

Post by chaz »

battery terminals tight?
corroded or broken connectors?
sidestand switch?

feel your anguish, the only thing that keeps me sane is the St Austel brewery when we go to the MiL she moves down there so often I dont know where she is actually at the moment!!
balls

Post by balls »

Will have a look at the sidestand as well thanks m8 . Cornwall is ok but if you need anything other than a turnip or other vegtable then your out of luck ahh maybe im being to hard on the county mmmmm NO IM NOT :lol:
And I was born here.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

If it turns out to be the sidestand switch, DON'T buy one, I've got several spares.
Let me know.
Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
balls

Post by balls »

cool dude :D
balls

Post by balls »

OkOk I hold my hands up in shame the main fuse had blown my fault for trying to work in the gloom of my garage , but at least it is not a dodo any more with a healthy 14.4 volts coming out of the r6 unit . I think this mod should be done as soon as you get your storm its not worth the hassal keeping the honda unit as you know it going to fail thanks for all the help people this place must be one of the best on the net thanks again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D