Re: Damn!!! that felt good!!!

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Spent the day on the golf course, first time this year and the sun was out too :D
Must admit, i could hear loads of bikes in the distance and kept thinking I wanted to be out on mine. Ah well, maybe next week, it's nearly spring :P

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

went over to the garage to check she was still there, gave her a rub and a fire up then let it cool down and wrapped her all back up, not much longer.!!!!
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Was out yesterday. Down to Junction-33 Dyno centre to get the Fireblade remapped after sticking an Akra end can on (just over 150BHP corrected, 147BHP SAE with decent gains in the mid-range). It was bloody horrible out. Wheel spins everywhere....including one biggie coming out of a roundabout (must have looked ace from behind....good job any onlookers didn't see the state of my shreddies afterwards though 8O 8O ).

Ohh...and one fork seal is properly blown :mad2 Serves me right for being absolutely shite at wheelies :oops: Still felt good to have a 150mph blast on the closed private road that is nearby (was wondering how the handling would be with a fork seal peeing oil all over the place...purely in the name of science mind :thumbup: )

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Yep, I've been out! 1st time on the SP... :D :D :D

Been steady away tbh-the roads round here a shite in places-potholes as big as bins in places after the ice/snow 8O

The bike is great though-very impressed. The turn in and how it holds a line through a bend are brilliant.

Oh, and then there’s the acceleration :wave: It flys-very quick :D Ace-happy as a pig in poo :biggrin :biggrin
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

It's ace :thumbup:

Its the most deceptive bike I've had speed wise-it goes so quick with little fuss. Love it-revs mega quick for a twin too.

And that induction noise :thumbup: Ace :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Jbrebel wrote:It's ace :thumbup:

Its the most deceptive bike I've had speed wise-it goes so quick with little fuss. Love it-revs mega quick for a twin too.

And that induction noise :thumbup: Ace :thumbup:
Do the flapper mod and get an even better intake noise! :clap: :clap:

K-tec over in Coalville can also rebuild the rear shock. A re-spring, re-valve and re-gas cost me about £200 and made the bike handle a hell of a lot better (the rear is way over-sprung as standard)
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What is the flapper mod?
SP1's rock!
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Jbrebel wrote:What is the flapper mod?

Here you go Clicky

It will take all of 20 seconds, helps to remove the step in the power at 5k RPM (when the flap closes off the air intake) and gives a great induction roar at 5K RPM.

You dont need to remove all the gubbins...just block the vacuum pipe off (if you use a self-tapper make sure to bung some silicon on the threads as air can leak down the threads. or use a golf tee)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Timbo wrote: Anyone get to ride their new (to them) bikes for the first time today?
flat battery on the cbx and shitloads to do so didn't get to test all the new potholes today.
saving it for hopefully friday when i pick up my storm :)
watch it fkin snow again lol :thumbdown:

managed a good blat in my mg bubble tho after spending another grand on it :)
like a gokart lol - i love co2
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
DPR11

Post by DPR11 »

Got out on my Storm for the first time this year and the first proper ride out, only covered about 50 miles, but was great, after all the hassles i had with it when i first got it, this was the first time apart from a few short trips to make sure it ran ok, that i have been able to wind it up,OMG what a hoot :thumbup: role on the weekend its supposed to be dry down in the west country this weekend, fingers crossed.

Danny
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Zakalwe wrote:Was out yesterday. Down to Junction-33 Dyno centre to get the Fireblade remapped after sticking an Akra end can on (just over 150BHP corrected, 147BHP SAE with decent gains in the mid-range). It was bloody horrible out. Wheel spins everywhere....including one biggie coming out of a roundabout (must have looked ace from behind....good job any onlookers didn't see the state of my shreddies afterwards though 8O 8O ).

Ohh...and one fork seal is properly blown :mad2 Serves me right for being absolutely shite at wheelies :oops: Still felt good to have a 150mph blast on the closed private road that is nearby (was wondering how the handling would be with a fork seal peeing oil all over the place...purely in the name of science mind :thumbup: )

You want to go back and see them mate, they've nicked about 20 bhp off you, oh no, it's a blade don't worry mate they are just short of bhp!!!! :thumbup:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

i managed to get out....first time in 6 weeks( cos of snow)....wasnt too cold either...and yeah i ended up at cafe aka squires lol
lee67

Post by lee67 »

food poisoning....nah us regs know not to eat there lmao
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I'm hoping the weather holds out this weekend-quite fancying another blast :P
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I might have to make it Saturday this weekend Mike but if things change I'll keep that in mind :thumbup: Cheers :)
SP1's rock!