The new hobby

General Biker Banter
NuttyTart

The new hobby

Post by NuttyTart »

Here's some pics of part of the reason we are selling the bikes, we are hoping to train the dogs up to start dog sledding :biggrin the other reasons are endless ie no time, I don't feel safe on the road (2 young kiddies always in the back of my mind) etc...etc...so the dog sledding will be more family orientated and in a couple of years we'll both get bikes or get a bike between us (another blade for sure :biggrin )

Anyway, here's the muts (Alaskan Malamutes)....

First off is Skye - 11 months

Here's Coll, we just got him on Monday, he's 1 and a half, very placid and laid back...

Jbrebel

Re: The new hobby

Post by Jbrebel »

Sweeeeet :D
SP1's rock!
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Those 2 look like they’re going to be a hand full
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

I heard Malamutes like nothing better than to dig holes in your garden! We have a much smaller mutt - a Cairn Terrier, and she's quite a character. Listens to everything you say then ignores it completely. She likes the snow tho.

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:clap:

Ace Hankie
SP1's rock!
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

A fireman I work with races and breads them. His wife's 3 dog team won the british championship a few years ago!
Do you want me to get some contact details. He might be able to point you in the right direction!
Paul
pariah

Post by pariah »

fantastic looking dogs :clap: :clap:

Just so happens my fav film happens to be Eight Below. Wonderful film showing how much owners of these dogs care for them. :thumbup:
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:A fireman I work with races and breads them. His wife's 3 dog team won the british championship a few years ago!
Do you want me to get some contact details. He might be able to point you in the right direction!
Paul
The breeders of Skye are the Scottish Champions and they said they'd teach us :D thanks for the offer though :thumbup:
pariah wrote:fantastic looking dogs :clap: :clap:

Just so happens my fav film happens to be Eight Below. Wonderful film showing how much owners of these dogs care for them. :thumbup:

Sad and happy film too, especially when the plane leaves and they look down at the dogs tied up....cried my eyes out :cry: :Cry:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Luvvly looking dogs Nutty. Good luck with yours and Kev's plan :thumbup:

Tim is right, you can definitely see the mischievous look in your dog Chris (Hankie) :D

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Great pictures, good luck with the new venture.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Good luck Nutty, me and the Mrs are just back from northern Sweden and we went sledding with a team of sled dogs. Amazing animals full of life and they love what they do. Pound for pound their strength is amazing.

Jazz :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good