New Battery

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jonesey

New Battery

Post by Jonesey »

I'm going to fit a Yuasa YTZ14s Battery, for more oomph on starting etc, just wondered if anyone else had done this mod, and how it's been?
Cheers all, Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: New Battery

Post by sirch345 »

Chris,
Neil (Balls) has just fitted the bigger battery to his Storm. I think the battery box top has to be removed, but he'll be able to tell you more about it I'm sure..

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15346

Chris.
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

YTZ14S is physically smaller than stock YTX12 (few mm in height) so will fit the standard tray but may need a bit of padding. They do offer more cranking amps which is noticeable on cold mornings.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Oops (well spotted Chris (Hankie) getting the YTX14 mixed up with the YTZ14 by the looks of it :oops:

It will all depend on which year your bike is Chris (Jonsey), as the later (19ltr tank models) had a smaller battery in the first place.

Even so a bigger amp hour battery will definitely be better for cranking the engine in the cold.

Chris.
balls

Post by balls »

Having the larger battery is sooooo much better starts in a instant now I think it should be a must do mode along with the R/R and the CCT,s