Hello and Help!!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
JAWs

Hello and Help!!

Post by JAWs »

Hello, I’ve been looking at your forum for a few weeks doing my research on Firestorms, and now I definitely want one :D . The only issue is that I’ve never ridden one :( , I’ve only ever had Bandits (600 then 1200) so what should I expect?
Also, does anyone know where there are any for sale (sub £2000) around the Gravesend, Kent area? Are there any dealers who have one so I can go and test ride it?
Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.
:thumbup:
simo

Re: Hello and Help!!

Post by simo »

:biggrin Hows tha ganin on ord rock? Just found a W reg RED Storm in a garage with only 7.175mls. Knocked the bloke down to £1.475 coz it needed a new battery. So there are bargins out there. Best of luck. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by simo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard JAWs :thumbup:

You definitely have the right idea about test riding one first I would say.

I would suggest having a look in Bike Trader on line for a dealer selling one in your area.

Good luck with it,

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:wave: Welcome mate

Shop roundand take your time-there are plenty of Storms about at the right price.

As regards ride-expect thumping midrange, more nimble handling, loads torque and better engine braking than the Bandit (certainly 600) and a great sound from the pipes :clap:

A test ride would be a good shout-V2's are very different to 4's. If you like a revvy, buzzy engine you'll possibly not like the Storm...to start with :twisted:

Enjoy :D
SP1's rock!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A local!

I'm over in Sevenoaks.

Not often you see these in dealers, but you can drop over and have a look at my Storm if that's any use.
it's not standard, but fairly typical.

Or meet at the Oakdene at Wrotham one Weds eve?

Bandit 1200, eh?
Might have a way you could get a test ride........

Gissa PM if you want to sort something out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome in fella, bandit 6 is gonna feel like a c90 in comparison! :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

I went from a Bandit 600 to the storm and as much as I enjoyed the bandit have never looked back. I rode the Bandit after I had got used to the storm and it seemed utterly gutless!

Go for it!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Welcome to the party JAWs.

I went from a CBR400 and VFR400 to the storm and am hooked on v2s. I took the storm for a test ride and after just 2 miles I just knew I wanted it.

Storms @ Dealers near you

Note: If this is your postcode then its a fluke as I guessed one :P
Note2: If this is your postcode and I did guess it right, then I am looking forward to the lottery tomorrow :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
JAWs

Post by JAWs »

OH so close geodude, don't go gambling all your lifes worth on tomorrows numbers :)
Thanks for your input, just really need to check out the thrill for myself. I took out a Buell a while ago and liked the v2 but not it's size! A storm always seemed the way to go, now is the time :o
Thanks again :clap:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What Buell did you test?
SP1's rock!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

E-bay's got some that aren't too bad on price at the moment, including one which is up for £1850 but says he'll take a discount if it sells by this thursday.....
Looks like a steal if you can get it around the £1600 mark.
Higher mileage, but they go on and on, so don't let that put you off...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-HONDA-VTR-10 ... 500wt_1182

There also an SP2 but it's labelled as an S4 in the listing, so nobody's interested, and it's up for £500 at the moment.

But hasn't passed the reserve, so not likely to go for less than £4000. But who knows? Might be worth a hopeful punt.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-HONDA-VTR-10 ... 3caa66a3ea
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I went the other way ......,from a 'storm to a Bandit 1200 ,....its really not too much of a change, imo ,i'd say performance wise,pretty much the same,although the v-twin is deceptive in that it makes you feel as if you are not going fast 'till you look at the speedo 8O
I honestly dont feel as if i'm using the gears more ,though possibly i am.
On standard suspension i'd say the Bandit 12 edges it ,but mileage and wear might come into that.
Expect 10mpg less for every gallon you fill up ,best i managed with my 'storm was 46 mpg , ....Bandit 1200, 57 mpg , obviously a lot less on either bike when hooning it :biggrin
I like my Bandit .......but i also liked my 'storm....a lot :!:

If you get a test ride on a 'storm ,you'll be hooked .............and if it clonks into 2nd gear ,dont worry about it :)
Stevie