Double bubbles

General Bike chat
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

hiya max i can definately recomend a irridium screen for your bike it looks spot on with your paintjob click on this link to see what i mean looks well smart
:wink: http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/549.jpg :wink:
louder the better by arrow
Max

Post by Max »

it doesnt look 2 bad purple though

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/406.jpg

Max
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

hmm yeah like "our graham"
use to say
"the choice is yours"
:?
louder the better by arrow
simon t

Post by simon t »

I put a DB on my Fazer and didn't like it! With original screen at least it was clean air hitting my face. With DB I was getting the turbulent air off the screen hitting me instead. Result was a case of the 'wobbly heads' - bit like David Gray. :lol:
Orange Robbie

Double bubble

Post by Orange Robbie »

Hey, DD, nice photo of someone taking a photo!
TinTin69, is that the same colour scheme as mine? I think Max has a similar scheme as well. If there's that many, maybe we should set up our own VTR sub-group.
Getting back to the question, I have a Fabarii, or I think thats how U spell it. I thought the original screen was good and added the DB coz I thought it looked better, but to me it don't seem to make alot of difference to the wind buffeting, 5 foot 11 with short arms. :lol:
Slow in, slow out. Ohh err missus, now with added G-Force carbon fibre race cans. Sounds like a Spitfire.
Max

Post by Max »

Just purchased a double bubble, airblade Iridium jobbie (from busters £55). Should put it on this weekend sometime. Also purchased a clear LED rear light so I gotta get some clear indicaters now.

What are you going to call the orange subgroup then.........
DD

Post by DD »

Max wrote:Just purchased a double bubble, airblade Iridium jobbie (from busters £55). Should put it on this weekend sometime. Also purchased a clear LED rear light so I gotta get some clear indicaters now.
Sweet...... hows about a picy or two, I just put the clear indercators on, I was'ent too sure what to think at first but its all good.
cheers Darryl
Max

Post by Max »

Sweet...... hows about a picy or two, I just put the clear indercators on, I was'ent too sure what to think at first but its all good.
I'll try and get some done. I got a lot to do this weekend fit ape tensioners, fit screen, fit headlight cover, repair imobiliser and fit rear light not to mention clean it.

What do your clear indicaters look like ???
Max

Post by Max »

No its not its clear, I had trouble with the plod b4 so I bottled it. they did have an iridium one as well which would have gone well with the new screen.
DD

Post by DD »

Max wrote:What do your clear indicaters look like ???
I imported them from Oz same as the screen, the indercaters brand is MCS they simply replace the lenses and bulbs on the stock Honda stems (01 on only)
Here is a picky of Philm's bike as my photos that I took this w/e did not turn out so good (sun was too bright red paint reflected in to clear indercator) the screen also is the same as mine.

ps: Phil hope you dont mind me useing your photo.

cheers Darryl
Max

Post by Max »

They look tidy, shame my bike is the old type. I shall have to look around for something similar.

Max
DD

Post by DD »

Max wrote:They look tidy, shame my bike is the old type. I shall have to look around for something similar.Max
Hay, if these indercators are what you are after and you cant find some after markets that suits then why not try for some second hand ones as the CBR and VTR indercators from 01 on are the same (well here they are) cant see why they wouldent fit, the fairings on your bike are the same as mine just a thought.
cheers Darryl
philm

clear ones

Post by philm »

:)
Nah DD I dont mind you using my pics
Glad to hear you didnt have to stuff around with your indicators when fitting them,maybe the maker has woken up and made the right ones for the vtr??They do look a lot better than the ome ones,dont you think?
Regards Philm
P.s DD emailing you soon....
philm/Stormboy
Max

Post by Max »

Have just fitted The DB screen and 60 miles later I would say that it definately improves the air under the chin thing. The airblade doesnt fit as well as the powerbronze one that was on b4. The only down side I have noticed is that the bike seems lighter on the front end at speed (>125) but I can live with that. I have fitted the LED rear light, I tried to upload a picky of it but summit went wrong.

Max
Max

Post by Max »

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/605.jpg
DD just got it to upload now, perhaps the file was dodgy :?

Max