Re: Storm in North Wales

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Cheers Jb!
Chris, its a Sachs 650 - one of a small range of oddball bikes the Austrian suspension folk seemingly bolted together at random. This one had a Suzuki single out of the DR650 in a Fritz Egli frame. No one really knew what to make of it and stayed away in droves - I've only ever seen one other, which is a shame because it's a great little bike - sorta wish I'd kept it.
WN!
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Whoa Nelly! wrote:Di awn Benny bach. Lets try this

Ok, photobucket seems to work better than snapfish. Here's another one, loaded up for travellin'

That'll do for now. Look forward to sharing the wisdom of the vtr.org massive and meeting some of you out there!
Hiya and welcome..I like the bag on the back, where did you find that?

ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Ta ABA aka Tracy - luggage is from Bagster. The bike came with the tank cover and tailbag, ebay provided the rest. Colour coordination is a happy but slightly embarassing coincidence - its nicely made & well thought out kit. Although it makes me look like a squash racquet salesman.
You live in a nice area - Dumfrieshire has the best mountain biking anywhere! Sadly my lovely Storm just isn't compatible with quite a few of my other interests, and the car wins out too often. *sigh*
WN!
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Whoa Nelly! wrote:Cheers Jb!
Chris, its a Sachs 650 - one of a small range of oddball bikes the Austrian suspension folk seemingly bolted together at random. This one had a Suzuki single out of the DR650 in a Fritz Egli frame. No one really knew what to make of it and stayed away in droves - I've only ever seen one other, which is a shame because it's a great little bike - sorta wish I'd kept it.
WN!
WN,
that explains why from a google search I could only find 125cc or smaller bike's from Sach's. It looks a nice bike with it's clean lines, and the Suzuki DR engines are known to be good.

I know what you mean about wishing you'd kept it, I have quite a few old bikes I wish I still had too :)

Chris.