My storm before paint

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
matt1966

My storm before paint

Post by matt1966 »

Hi thought I would try to put on a pic before I paint my Storm, gonna be metallic deep red with silver flake, got some carbon sleeves for cans as well. Will post some more pics when its done.
benny hedges

Re: My storm before paint

Post by benny hedges »

tip - don't use nitromors on abs panels if you are thinking of stripping the old paint.
- it melts them lol.

also on the pyramid belly - it will take the gel coat off and leave you with a floppy ball of wool!
don't ask :oops:

how come you want to spray it? is it that bad or is it just you fancy a new colour??
just done mine but it was fkt lol and got new panels from everywhere, all colours - nearly done :roll:

where did you get the sleeves from btw? i need some of those stainless rivet plates for one of mine - you know, the strip that holds it together.. my old cans are ok apart from the strip is mashed on one from when i dropped it.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

benny hedges wrote:
where did you get the sleeves from btw?
sorry to rob your thread lol - just answered my own Q - thought you might find this site of interest...
http://www.anrperformance.com/products/ ... leeve.html#

carbon sleeves for £22 :eek2
and the rivet straps i wanted are only a fiver..
i smell some viper based carbon stubbies coming up... :cool2

cheers me :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
matt1966

Post by matt1966 »

Hi Benny
Paint on the right fairing is fkt as you can see, the other side is broken just got a black one, also fancy trying a custom spray job. Sleeves are from [urlhttp://www.pjengineering.co.uk/index.asp][/url] not sure if the rivet strap is listed on there but they do them cos I got 4 coming £3.50 each, give them a ring.
Matt.
Last edited by matt1966 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt1966

Post by matt1966 »

Hi
I tried ANR and had bit of trouble with them. Ordered parts then no communication emailed guy twice he got the butt with me and cancelled my order!!!!!!!!
PJ engineering was much more helpful.
Matt.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

nice one matt i'll give them a call tomorrow :thumbup:
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Looking forward to seeing it when she is all done Matt, sounded good when we spoke about it the other week down at Tony's Workshop day.