New here? Come in and introduce yourself
vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

Hi everyone
My name is mark and I live in portsmouth , bought my red storm 10 years ago when it was 3 years old with 600 miles on the clock , it now has 17000 miles . I have done a few things to it over the years , wp rear shock , lower fairing , braided hoses , air box mods , hugger and just recently I fitted ape cam chain tensioners ( disaster ) cam jumped I didnt realize and bent 2 valves Doh. All fixed now though by myself and help from this forum when It would not rev past 7k , timing 180 deg out , now running sweet as ever . If anyone near me needs a valve spring compressor I have one !!! I was amazed by the engine inside and how clean it was , the piston cleaned up with just a squirt of wd and a wipe , the cams look like new , honda do make great engines .
This forum is great and a I have learnt loads reading the posts
Mark
BEHAVE or i'll beat you like a ginger stepchild !!
tony.mon

Re: Newbie

Post by tony.mon »

Hi!

That lot sounds familiar :wink: doesn't the exhaust note sound great though with the timing 180 out?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

Yea it sounded great but when I started it up it sounded different turning over on the starter , just the carbs to ballance now as never done that since I bought it , just got one of those cheap ballancers of flea bay ! I'll give it a go the next time its not raining .
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome to the forum fella :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Mark :thumbup:

Chris.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hiya Mark & welcome :wave:

I too had a CCT death before I even knew about this site and my fella put my baby back together again and all singing all dancing....UNTIL today.....my reg/rec has gone pete tong! Off to Edinburgh in half an hour to pick one up..I just knew I should of done this weeks ago.. :evil:

When you have time, post some pics off your bike and lets have a look at her :cool2 ... I'm so glad I found this invaluable forum as it is jam packed with info n 'how to' and full of 'can do' attitude as nobody is a quitter....

I wouldn't care, I polished my bike last night to within an inch of its life and even brought my cans and pipes indoors to do 8O and it was gleaming, and dead pleased with myself,went to a hot bubble bath with the hands as dirty as I have never seen them before :lol:

ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sat May 29, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Welcome in Mark. This forum is indeed a thing of wonder..
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

Thanks everyone for your welcomes , update on carb ballancing , did it today with the cheap ballancer off e bay , piece of cake , just had to buy a t piece for vac pipe and a little bit fiddly getting the nipple fitted to front cylinder but left it in and plugged with golf T . be even easier next time .
Bike sounded instantly better and goes so much smoother at low speeds .
Mark