Any Ideas On This

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
pariah

Any Ideas On This

Post by pariah »

As I dont have access to any electrical supply where the bike lives, I,ve been thinking of doing a mod on an optimate and using my portable power pack cig oulet as the power supply .
I would have to replace the mains plug with gig adaptor end , and battery terminal ends with another gig adaptor end. This would allow me to use the gig socket I fitted onto the bike last year which is wired straight to the bikes battery.

1. the power pack is 17amp supply, would this be powerful enough as a supply unit.
2. Would the optimate still function as it should.

Any ideas chaps. ? :problem:
fishface

Re: Any Ideas On This

Post by fishface »

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Same thing from Maplin for less than a tenner.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98358
I use one for keeping a car-type leisure 12v battery topped up in the greenhouse, where it's connected to an underground water butt which is pumped to a header tank in the top of the greenhouse, gravity feeds an automatic watering system.

I love technology, me..... :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
pariah

Post by pariah »

I,ve got one of these some while ago. Found that due to the alarm on the bike , didn,t seem much good.
So now i,m gonna have to try the new idea. In pricible it should work, the booster pack is really heavy duty.
I,m gonna have to test the battery and R~R again though, guy at Honda said the battery,s naff and that the R+R is on it,s way out. showing 16.5 volts. Bit of a bitch though, they only eplaced them oct 07 at a cost of £150 :evil: :evil: