CCT again

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fatboy

CCT again

Post by Fatboy »

Hi all, just picked up my my ebay purchase, she is a minter, well in my eyes anyway. Done less than 10k, no ticking from the front cylinder, but the CCTs have not been done, I would like to get them sorted sooner rather than later, so how much does it cost??? Ball park!!!
I'm in Wirral nr Liverpool can anyone recommend someone to due this rather than a main dealer!!
Is the rec a case of just plug and play, and what one do I need? What happens if the rec goes? Is it catastrophic or just non startin??
Time for a :beer: now
Thanks Ian
Fatboy

Re: CCT again

Post by Fatboy »

Also got some Remus Grand Prix Carbon cans with it, is there a kit available that allows you to use the pillion pegs?? And will it need re-jetting???
Thanks again
Ian
benny hedges

Re: CCT again

Post by benny hedges »

re the cct mod, ape ccts will set you back about 85 - 90 for the pair from elcamin0@aol.com - gary from overstock parts in the usa - mail him direct tbh ;)
or contact bazza here for some of his nice converted ones.

easy enough to fit them yourself if you follow the instructions on here - Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a shortcut = a shortfall :roll:

if you get the later r/r off a late model storm or blackbird, the finned type, you can jusy plug the original connector in and it might not fail - keep yout old one for spare lol.
if it does fail, it will definately take the battery with it, but could also cost you a cdi unit and other electrical bits.
the least it will do is flatten your battery when you have a hot date.

i don't think you will need to re-jet with just the cans, but if you fit a k&N or similar aftermarket air filter you will.

not sure what you mean by using the rear pegs...
do you mean for stunting lol or for doing the unspeakable act of which we do not speak.... ie a pilliok??
are they high level cans using the pillion peg mounts as hangers?
i'm sure there's a way round it - like swap your cans and link pipes for mine lol :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.