WORKSHOP DAY.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.mon

Re: WORKSHOP DAY.

Post by tony.mon »

rumpleforeskin wrote:ah yes, the tefal quick cup. Weapon of choice for the hardened tea addict
She's a PROFESSIONAL hardened tea addict; there are also two electric urns available!

Earl Grey must be turning in his grave......(or tormented in hell for all eternity by some PG Tips chimps)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

For this day I have got several Reg recs, a Radial master cylinder from an 08 fireblade, and a pair of cbr600 calipers in black if anyone who is attending is interested.
Thought i'd post this now, because if there is anyone who wants the calipers, it will give them a chance to get the pads.
Don't want daft money for any of it, be glad to help.
Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Jonesey wrote: Radial master cylinder from an 08 fireblade, and a pair of cbr600 calipers in black if anyone who is attending is interested.
if no takers put my name on them - getting fed up of washing skidmarks out my trolleys :eek2
what year cbr????
and has anyone found a replacement for the limp wristed back caliper?? one that actually slows you down?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote:
Jonesey wrote: Radial master cylinder from an 08 fireblade, and a pair of cbr600 calipers in black if anyone who is attending is interested.
if no takers put my name on them - getting fed up of washing skidmarks out my trolleys :eek2
what year cbr????
and has anyone found a replacement for the limp wristed back caliper?? one that actually slows you down?
Dropping two or more gears seems to do the trick
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
Dropping two or more gears seems to do the trick
atm ive still got the std spring in the back, lowered it to the 2nd clip and the tyre still bounces a bit when i cog down.
hoping once ive fitted the yacugar spring the back end will be a bit more planted and improve engine braking.
i do like the screeching tyre coming up to roundabouts as it shits the life out of car drivers, but i' prefer a bit more control and better stopping power - brakes are atrocious atm even with new ebcs all round - scuffed up the discs to remove ny glazing off the old pads, all bled properly...
apart from replacing the calipers and mcs there's only braided hoses i can think of to improve them.

is a bit hair raising sometimes as you know, the speed on these things is very deceptive but you certainly know how quick you're going when you try to stop! 8O
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Know exactly what you mean, but less of a problem once I raised tickover to 1500.
Not only does this stop the coughing and occasional stall, but doesn't lock up so easily when downshifting.
It's only a turn on the tickover adjuster, why not give it a try?

Mind you, a slipper clutch wouldn't be a bad investment, apart from the money.....
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

See you Saturday.

Purchase 4 brass take off adapters plus the right tubing.
Fitted one to each of mine and Keiths bikes so we are ready to balace the carbs.
This means I have 2 more adapters free and loads of tube for anyone when we get there on Saturday.

Will bring my sound meter with me as well.

Thanks beforehand for hosting this again Tony.
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Styler4077 wrote:See you Saturday.

Purchase 4 brass take off adapters plus the right tubing.
Fitted one to each of mine and Keiths bikes so we are ready to balace the carbs.
This means I have 2 more adapters free and loads of tube for anyone when we get there on Saturday.

Will bring my sound meter with me as well.

Thanks beforehand for hosting this again Tony.
Might take u up on the adaptors

Also, do we need to bring any meat for the bbq tony
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Don't know about meat but I've already offered to bring the Bickies! How ever no one expressed a preffrence between Choc Digestives & Hob Hobs?

I'll just have to buy a pack of each, eat half of each & bring the remaider, therefore in effect bring just one pack. :D
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Last time I was going to shove some coal in the oil drum and cook us all a bit of tea, but several people needed to get off, so we ran out of time.

Offer still stands, but to save anyone bringing meat we don't then have time to cook, there's a shop at the end of the road.

You're welcome to blacken up your sausage before you head for home if you want, weather being ok.

We can have a quick ride-out while waiting for it to get up to temperature.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Sounds good to me
playerone

Post by playerone »

if there's room for 1 more will head down, could do with my carbs balanced. might have to head off before most others, need to get back to bristol then newport for nightshift sat night..
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Well could really do with my carbs ballanced also, its a pity your so far away from Hull :(

On a brighter note, looks like the weather is taking a turn for the better for you all. Have a great day.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

marlbororman wrote:Well could really do with my carbs ballanced also, its a pity your so far away from Hull :(

On a brighter note, looks like the weather is taking a turn for the better for you all. Have a great day.
I might bring my carbtune with me on the ride out next month, if your going.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Will that even be possible in a carpark??? It`d Be great if it was, and yes, I will be there friday around teatime ish would of thought, or at least in time for the :beer: And tribute band :biggrin . Can always make it earlier if needs be though :)