Re: Sunday 11th.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Think im gunna stay in this sunday and watch f1 instead, ive gone off sunday rides :sick: :sick: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

FirestormMike wrote:Meeting Timbo and Steve (Zakalwe) at Hawes, then off to wherever.

Dunno why I'm bothering to post this to be honest, as it always seems to be just the usual suspects who come out.
Anyway, it would be rude not to invite, so there you go. As ever, it will include some cracking roads and scenery.
What? Even Tarmacced onesImage :D

How'sabout a buzz around the lake District? Bassenthwaite Water is good for the views, and the coast road down to Silcroft and then over the A595 is a stunner!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=h&z=10[/googlemap]
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

FirestormMike wrote:
it always seems to be just the usual suspects who come out.
as explained to timbo, are maud works sunday til 4.30 ish so i have to play dad.
usually i just sulk hearing bikes going up the expressway... by the time i get out they've all gone :(
you lot are 100 mile away by then.
anyway it's going to piss down all day on sunday - why not saturdays lol, then folk can watch the f1 & we can have a multiple pile-up rather than one falling off each week :roll:

lakes sounds good tho, agree there's some quality roads there and instead of bouncing off dry stone walls you can run wide into large expanses of deep water.
i like venturing into wales as well - used to be you couldn't step over the border without getting harrassed to crouton, but now it's superb, very quiet roads, very twisty new blacktop etc...

i take it timbos managed to get his wheel back on then ey? ey? wtf excuse was that lol! :flasher: :sheep shagger:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
simo

Post by simo »

You'll have no hassel this weekend,all the pigs are chasing a Geordie nutter around Rothbury lol :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you out later timbo or you watching men run round in shorts!
roads should be totally deserted later :biggrin
first job for me is tidy my garage - tools everywhere and sh1t, then bike needs a good scrub before testing me new bits proper :biggrin

destination unknown as usual!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well, sat here with me lid & leathers on atm waiting for are maud to finish so i can crouton off out lol.
bloody hard typing with gloves on! :biggrin
before you know it summer will be over and the snow will be back - best get some miles in eh :thumbup:
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

simo wrote:You'll have no hassel this weekend,all the pigs are chasing a Geordie nutter around Rothbury lol :biggrin
Erm, Gateshead or Birtley or wherever it is he comes from, is not Geordie land, but I'll let you off seeing as you are in the posh part of Durham/Darlo land :) Anyone born the other side of the Bridge, is technically not a Geordie...S'land mackems, South Shields sand dancers etc etc..Nutter,maybe, but Geordie,not..We take our 'birthright to be called Geordies' quite seriously etc..Don't matter now anyway, he won't be bothering anyone in the lovely little village of Rothbury or anywhere else for that matter anymore. :clap:

So you should have a nice peaceful weekend for a ride out :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Anotherbikerbabe

Timbo wrote:Nah mate, got stuff to do this afternoon, and no i am not watching football, be glad when its finished.

Here's a question.

There are a few of us living round the NW, how come nobody ever replies to these threads? Understand with those not in the area, fair enough, but there is definitely a few members round this area and some have been known to whine about the lack of meets. We usually arrange these rides via text but always chuck it on here just in case anyone other than the usual suspects wants to join us, are we wasting our time?

It takes visitors from Scotland to get some out in Wales :) Maybe they should visit the NW too. Maybe it is just lack of enthuisiasm? Myself and Dave ride for around 100 miles out of way sometimes to have a meet/rideout and we are all in favour of new routes/meeting new peeps etc. If it hadn't of been for Dave needing a new back tyre (enroute now) we'd of been tempted so it is a good idea to post on here, although we are around 80 odd miles from the Lakes, but would be nice to meet up some of you guys and gals up at Hartside or close to it and possibly have a run out to Barnard Castle etc. Well that's just us anyhow :D
(I know, not many round the Bristol/Wales area, j/k).
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Timbo wrote:There are a few of us living round the NW, how come nobody ever replies to these threads? Understand with those not in the area, fair enough, but there is definitely a few members round this area and some have been known to whine about the lack of meets. We usually arrange these rides via text but always chuck it on here just in case anyone other than the usual suspects wants to join us, are we wasting our time?
Everyone knows you're a miserable sod so wont go out riding with you :wink:
Rich.

warby221

Post by warby221 »

should be up for next weekend mike if weather permitting
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
tattie

Post by tattie »

Mike,
pm me about your poss plans for August. If you are planning up this way I will try to make it.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Keep us updated on details Mike, August is a busy month but may be able to slope off for a day or 2.
Rich.

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cupasoop wrote:Keep us updated on details Mike, August is a busy month but may be able to slope off for a day or 2.
same here - would like to join the parade but need as much notice as possible as not only me has to book fri & mon off but have to arrange for mrs as she works sunday.
see, you twats insist on only going out on sundays. how gay is that ffs. :Ball Kick:
i end up going out on me todd at 5pm nodding like a Richard at all the other tossers on their way home.
plus at that time of day i get shotblasted with billions of flies, meaning i have to spend the rest of the week chiselling the fkers off.
i had the great displeasure of riding home tonight between a town plod and a traffic volvo, with 'not for road use' cans and a black visor. :roll:
i thought it unwise to overtake the plod as it sounds like the sonic boom from a vulcan bomber when i open the throttle :thumbdown:
baffles going in tomorrow.

also for a scotland run i think i'll invest a hr or 2 fitting my vfr bars back on for comfort and cornering pleasure...
let us know what you have in mind - have tent & will shag awt without an adams apple :thumbup:
Anotherbikerbabe

Timbo wrote:
cupasoop wrote:
Timbo wrote:There are a few of us living round the NW, how come nobody ever replies to these threads? Understand with those not in the area, fair enough, but there is definitely a few members round this area and some have been known to whine about the lack of meets. We usually arrange these rides via text but always chuck it on here just in case anyone other than the usual suspects wants to join us, are we wasting our time?
Everyone knows you're a miserable sod so wont go out riding with you :wink:
Thats a bit ripe coming from you :) I was going to say it was a bit Rich, but that would have been silly and confusing ;) :lol: :lol:

Me? miserable? Maybe its just when i am out with you Cupa :)

And ABB, we sort of do big loops when we are out, sure some could meet up with is along the way, though not sure we loop as high as Kilmarnock (or wherever u live).
We don't live anywhere close to kilmarnock, we only stay 8 miles from Dumfries so we can make Hartside/Alston etc in an hr at most. I think last time we went to Hartside, we clocked the mileage as around 55 miles ish..So definately within the realms of possibility. We never got out this weekend as only just back from Wales and Dave needs his new tyre to arrive, so maybe out on Sunday but 25th is the Annual Durham cops bikewise event Sunday after..
http://www.durham.police.uk/bikewise/ and those bikes you see top of the page, isactually in the car park last year! so any of you going, give us a shout if travelling from this direction/Carlisle way etc..
ABB
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

So any of you misserable old bugger's going out tomorrow. :thumbup:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........