I can categorically state...

General Bike chat
Jbrebel

I can categorically state...

Post by Jbrebel »

Having a rear puncture at the side of the M1 at 7:35am is not always a bad thing :D
SP1's rock!
Giddsy

Re: I can categorically state...

Post by Giddsy »

Who picked you up then? Was it an Angelina Jolie looky likey in a AA truck?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I don't want my rear punctured anywhere, let alone in public on a road side :eek2 :eek2

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truth be honest I wasn't happy at first :evil:

It didn't feel right as I hit the slip road :? pulled up and thought it was the front. Nope, fine. Checked the back..."pssssssssss"...great fecking stanley blade stuck in the centre tread, burried deep in the centre tred. Took all of about 8 seconds to deflate. Joy.

After much fooking about a mate of mine popped out with his trailer to pick me and said bike up. Went straight to his, dropped bike off trailer. Then realised I'd have to get back to work somehow, doh :x

"No worries. You can borrow one of mine..." he says.

Out wheels a 10 plate ZX10R :D :D :D All I'll say is-very easy to ride all in all. Quite sedate at the bottom end.

Get it anywhere above 7g and it's fookin nuts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 10g and it starts to make a little bit of poo come out :oops: Very, very impressive. The engine is the best IL4 I've ever come across.

But, I'll keep the SP for now :thumbup:

Oh one other thing. He's dropped my bike back off for me at work this afternoon :thumbup: with a pair of new treads. He trackdays a lot and fits his own so I've got a brand new pair of Diablo 3's fitted for £130 :thumbup: :D

Sorted!

:beer:
SP1's rock!
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Now that is what I would call a MATE.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

is his name "carlsberg" :biggrin nice one john :thumbup: if it was me i'd be sat waiting hours for the rac to turn up! :roll:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

nice one!!! :cool2
i like the look of them tbh - and over a ton in 1st :thumbup:

last puncture i had, i'm sure some juggler let it down on me cos i couldn't find a hole... took off and threw it round a roundabout & the tyre came off the rim :think:
had to leave the bike parked on the roundabout & when i got back it had sunk in the grass and was on it's side :redface
i put a inner tube in it anyway and rode it til the string came out :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Bloody tyre...

Thats the 10-sorry about the sh1t pic-got my finger in the way :roll:
benny hedges wrote:nice one!!! :cool2
i like the look of them tbh - and over a ton in 1st :thumbup:
Not so sure about the styling tbh BH-it's very marmite imo. I can confirm that the performance is ballastic. I really don't see why you need anything near that power level on a road.

But it's bloody good fun :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You Jammy Sh!t :thumbup:
Okay I know you had to put up with the inconvenience but sounds like it was worth it in the long run :wink:

Timbo said
Timbo wrote:
Pete.L wrote:I don't want my rear punctured anywhere, let alone in public on a road side :eek2 :eek2

Pete.l
Thats not what you said in Chartres :)

JB got picked up by an all women synchronised swimming team that was in need of someone to collect the cossies after practice :)
Ha! Shh :shh: or I'll tell them how sweetly you snore :lol:

On another note: I booked a hotel in the middle of nowhere Tennessee and had to put up with sharing it with the Tri-state collegiate rowing team.
never seen so much supple young flesh in all me life :oops: :oops: :oops:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Bonus, that is what you call luck! The new breed of IL4's are unbelievable, very very powerful but the problem is it becomes the norm and you end up riding about at warp speed everywhere. Did you struggle to keep the front down? :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol:

Didn't find it bad tbh Jim-quite easy to ride-I'd say easier than the SP in general. Plus it wasn't mine-wouldn't want to return it in 3 pieces :lol: Like you say, the performance on tap is unbelievable. It's not like the SP is a slouch either 8O

I'm still convinced I'd get bored with one though :lol: I much prefer VTwins-they feel much more organic :thumbup:

I'll have to try a 1098/1198 at some point... :angel:
SP1's rock!
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Try MotoMorini. Any. Corsaro best.

Different world of Vtwins. I totally lust after Granpasso. Pity I have no spare 10 grand Euro, otherwise I'd have one in jiffy.
But that engine is incredible. Just incredible. Ducatis are cool, Aprilias OK, bit MM just mad. And suprisingly reliable. And HUGE fuel tanks. 21-24 liters.
Only bike I would sell my Fstorm for any time.
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I agree about the IL4s and I think my history proves I like my twins. Will have to have a go on the 1198. Just to see if 170hp in Vtwin form is what I think it willl be ......................complete madness
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'