First 3 weeks

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Oldfart_2010

First 3 weeks

Post by Oldfart_2010 »

First of all I would like to say thanks to all that have posted on this forum. Before I bought my firestorm I tried to find out as much as I could after searching the net found this site, every question I had I found a answer, as a source of knowledge this site is invaluable.
I have been riding bikes on and off for 30+ years, most recent bikes have been a Buell XB9 and Hyosung GT650R, I ride all year round and average around 15-20000 miles a year. I have now owned my Firestorm (Blue 2002 4200 miles) 3 weeks and have covered 800 miles (mostly in the wet) and I love it, but not as much as it loves fuel stations. At the moment the bike is totally standard, planed mods are the usual exhausts, screen, brake pads/hoses but will sort front suspension first as it feels a little vague.
I am planning a trip (at the moment 7 bikes) to Andorra early next year if any one has any info that may help..
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: First 3 weeks

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Oldfart_2010 :thumbup:

What's your opinion on the Hyosung GT650R :?:

Cheers,

Chris.
Oldfart_2010

Post by Oldfart_2010 »

Thank you for the welcome sirch345,

In answer to your question, I bought the Hyosung new in February 09 for a bargain price of £3200, I changed tyres & brake pads immediately as the OE one are crap, in the time I owned the bike I put 17000 miles on it, it was without doubt the best value bike I have owned, it averaged 55mpg, it can't keep up with GSXR/R6 etc. but is as good if not better than Bandit/SV/ER6 (I have tried all 3) if they had made a 1000cc I would have defiantly bought one. It was keep outside and used in all weathers and never had a problem. I had no problem selling and got £2400. I think 18mths 17000 miles and only lose £800 (plus servicing ect) is amazing, my Buell lost more than that just riding away from the showroom.

Colin
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

hyosung = suzuki near enough.....
not bad if you dont treat em too hard and expect the earth.
crackin avatar btw :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Welcome aboard Oldfart! :wave:

I hope you love your new storm as much as I've loved mine!
I've had mine just over a year now and can't stop being impressed with it.

Hyosung eh? A good cheap workhorse for me maybe? I've still got my '92 CBR600 F2 that I use in crap weather (particularly in the winter). But it's done 66,000 now and won't run forever.... Or will it?
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

my bro had a cbr600 that went round the clock and back to 20k where he sold it still alive and well,

other bro has a 99 fireblade with 60K + on the clock still going strong bar a rattle it developed about 6 months ago which in the end turned out to be a collection of perfectly sized stones his 4 year old decided to post down his exhaust
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Blimey! 120k eh?!
Looks like I have a target then :D :D
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
adam

Post by adam »

Greetings from one newby oldfart to another :D If you need to know anything about your Buell, come and visit us on UKBEG, where I'm a Moderator 8) We also have a direct line to Erik too - a bigger bike enthusiast and talented engineer you couldn't wish to meet.
A shame he was sold down the river by Har*ey last year after a catalogue of obstruction and cost cutting by the MoFuCo for the previous 9 years :thumbdown: He'll be back with his revised Helicon motor, which even now, has no problem hunting down the latest Ducatis :thumbup:
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Oldfart_2010 wrote:First of all I would like to say thanks to all that have posted on this forum. Before I bought my firestorm I tried to find out as much as I could after searching the net found this site, every question I had I found a answer, as a source of knowledge this site is invaluable.
I have been riding bikes on and off for 30+ years, most recent bikes have been a Buell XB9 and Hyosung GT650R, I ride all year round and average around 15-20000 miles a year. I have now owned my Firestorm (Blue 2002 4200 miles) 3 weeks and have covered 800 miles (mostly in the wet) and I love it, but not as much as it loves fuel stations. At the moment the bike is totally standard, planed mods are the usual exhausts, screen, brake pads/hoses but will sort front suspension first as it feels a little vague.
I am planning a trip (at the moment 7 bikes) to Andorra early next year if any one has any info that may help..
Hello & welcome :wave:
Sounds like you love riding alright :thumbup: Glad you found what you wanted, I did too when I researched my Storm but was pointed in this direction by Bikerpiker from another forum :clap: . It has turned out to be a 'real find' as information and help offered have been invaluable and the guys are great. Myself and my fella Dave have met some really great guys and had a few ride outs with them 8) . You'll soon make new friends in your new area and add even more miles to the clock :beer: p.s. Is your avatar from a movie? looks really familiar.. Matrix or similar..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Oldfart_2010

Post by Oldfart_2010 »

Hello Anotherbikerbabe

My avatar is Trinity on bike,from Matrix Reloaded, it's one I have used for several years,I will change it soon lots of people using it now.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Oldfart_2010 wrote:Thank you for the welcome sirch345,

In answer to your question, I bought the Hyosung new in February 09 for a bargain price of £3200, I changed tyres & brake pads immediately as the OE one are crap, in the time I owned the bike I put 17000 miles on it, it was without doubt the best value bike I have owned, it averaged 55mpg, it can't keep up with GSXR/R6 etc. but is as good if not better than Bandit/SV/ER6 (I have tried all 3) if they had made a 1000cc I would have defiantly bought one. It was keep outside and used in all weathers and never had a problem. I had no problem selling and got £2400. I think 18mths 17000 miles and only lose £800 (plus servicing ect) is amazing, my Buell lost more than that just riding away from the showroom.

Colin
Cheers Colin for the info on the Hyosung. I always wondered what they were like after first feasting my eyes on them at the NEC motorcycle show a few years back.

You seemed to have done alright with yours, getting back a good price when you sold it on. As you put it "quite amazing" for what it cost you in total over 18mths and 17,000mls :thumbup:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum OF-I'm sure you'll enjoy here. Lots of freindly types that'll help no end. Enjoy the storm-good bikes :thumbup:

I too had Buell-what year was your XB?
SP1's rock!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome in matey
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........