Evenin' all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
adam

Evenin' all

Post by adam »

Just seen a post from someone who's been playing out near Oswestry, so as a native of that area I thought I'd say hello and tell you we've got some brilliant roads in this area that don't get 'Policed' as often as those in N.Wales :thumbup:
I've just bought a VTR with a 'Two Brothers' top end to turn into a track bike. Giving it a lick of paint at the moment and have sent the spec off to my Dutch mate Ronnie to build me one of his superb AST rear shocks. He knows his stuff since he buikls shocks for WRC teams etc and a good few of the 7 Buells I own have them fitted 8)
Apart from the Honda and the Buells, I've got a Ducati and a shed full of Brit pre '60 race bikes along with a Yam TRX that I usually belt around tracks.
No doubt, as the rebuild goes, I'll have a load of stupid questions for you good folk - so go easy on the newbie 8)
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
benny hedges

Re: Evenin' all

Post by benny hedges »

yes that's probably me then.
i like a gentle bimble around that way :twisted:
also yesterday, don't know if you go that far down, but the A roads around hereford / bewdley etc are fkin awesome to ride - i had a fantastic trip out lol, didn't want to get off lol...

get some pics up of your stable bud, especially the oldies....
i sort of own an old matchless but it really isn't my kind of bike... maybe when it's finished i'll feel different lol, but some of the old brits are genuine classics.

let us know what you plan with the vtr as well - plenty of owners here got projects & plans... mine's also a work in progress but just being ridden atm :thumbup:

& hello! :beer: :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
adam

Post by adam »

Here's a few to be going on with :D

Mrs Adam and me :D Xmas eve

The brilliant 1125r - first one in Europe and my old NorVin
Last edited by adam on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

did you go the gold cup then at oulton????
i work for a guy in morecambe some days who's same, got 9 garages lol - used to run a bike shop but still races classics now & then, and old tz yams...

they don't make em like they used to eh :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
adam

Post by adam »

Sadly no, I was at Pembry trying to blow up a mates Rob North triple :lol:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum :thumbup:

I recognise you from ukbeg :thumbup: I'm still registered on ukbeg (umbongo) and visit on the odd occasion-very good forum :thumbup: unfortunatley I don't get on as much after selling my XB. Enjoyed a few ride of CJ's ride outs. Only had the Muell about 15 months though so things were short lived. Most don't like Jap tackle :lol: SP1 now.

I love that TRX you have-spotted that when you posted it on your usual stomping ground :D

I'd still like another Buell-tuber next time though :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum-everyones very helpful on here. You'll not get any ph8454987543 (or whatever his name was... :think:) on here either :lol: entertaining though he could be :lol:

Look forward to hearing more about the track bike :thumbup: enjoy :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome on in mate
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
adam

Post by adam »

You should've come to the UKBEG BBQ at my gaff last month. There were 75 Buellers there and we had a massive bonfire too - I felled 2 fekin hoooge Ash trees for it :lol: Att did a fine fire eating and walking display again 8)
I miss PH1234, even though he thought he knew more than Pash (who has a Phd in ignition systems) because you never knew what bollox he was going to come up with next :lol: Complaints about his abusive PMs to members became a bit tiresome though. I refused to ban him though, because I knew it would annoy him even more :lol:
I quite like the VTR, even though my 1125R would eat it, but it'll make a nice cheap track tool - I reckon it owes me about £800 now, so I'm not too precious about chucking it up the tarmac. Since buying it last Monday, the motor's been out for paint, along with the bodywork - no longer gayboy yellow :roll: , it's got a simple loom, calipers have been rebuilt, new wheel + head bearings, forks cleaned and with fresh oil, CBR fuel pump, a few dodgy threads have been helicoiled, etc, etc

Here's a few snaps I took at the week end,

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

The BBQ sounds mad :twisted: Read about the "Deliverance" stuff before :lol: :silent:

Bikes looking good-keep us posted :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Adam :thumbup:

Great to see the photo's :thumbup:
You've got some very nice bikes there.

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

nice to see your storm in the finest of all colours :thumbup: