rear Swing arm

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
firestorm2010

rear Swing arm

Post by firestorm2010 »

i have now hit a dilema i cant decide between handling or looks as the sssarm conversion has no real benefit apart from cosmetic but seems every1 is on that band wagon now and have just seen the also nice braced SP1/SP2 rear swinger which would help stiffen up the back end as i already have a 22mm jack up kit to make it turn in quicker was wondering what conversion would be easier

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Cheers

Dave
firestorm2010

Re: rear Swing arm

Post by firestorm2010 »

360298697318 was looking at this one or one of a simlar age i do like to be different and i see that 4 or 5 people had done the sssarm conversion

Cheers

Dave

:thumbup:
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Ive got a firestorm arm and a fireblade brace that i was gonna do the conversion on also got the fireblade caliper bracket which you need to do the conversion. Yours for £50 if you want them. :thumbup:
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

sorry bout the late reply steve i got the swing arm so just the brace is needed and thats it i think where bouts are you casue i know postage can be a killer

Cheers

Dave
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

rst steve wrote:Ive got a firestorm arm and a fireblade brace that i was gonna do the conversion on also got the fireblade caliper bracket which you need to do the conversion. Yours for £50 if you want them. :thumbup:
Does the blade caliper and bracket fit straight on, and if so, which model?

I'm assuming it leaves the caliper underslung instead of above?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

How much would you want for the brace and the caliper bracket cause the firestorm is coming off the road for the winter so i defantely want them steve

Cheers

Dave
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Hiya the blade bracket moves the caliper back by about an inch so it will clear the brace you could i suppose flip the bracket round and have it underslung. I actually thought about putting the brace underneath the arm instead of on the top just to be differant seem a few with them on the top but not seem many with them underneath. Dave i am in Manchester to be honest if you want the bits you can have the lot for postage or pick them up. There is a storm swingarm, a blade arm, blade caliper bracket and the right caliper brace for the blade carrier. :thumbup:
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

Thats brilliant steve if you can find out postage i'll definately have them i'll pm you my new address as im moving on saturday and if you can let me know how much i can send you the money asap postage would be to thamesmead london

Cheers

Dave
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

firestorm2010 wrote:Thats brilliant steve if you can find out postage i'll definately have them i'll pm you my new address as im moving on saturday and if you can let me know how much i can send you the money asap postage would be to thamesmead london

Cheers

Dave
Hey- have you found a decent ally welder yet?
I have one that's been recommended, and have the Blade brace and swingarm but was planning to shorten it slightly and use the standard caliper mount and caliper, mounting the brace on top.

If you want we could do this as a joint project- the welder I found is somewhere round Bexleyheath, I believe, and I'm only in Sevenoaks myself, so an easy trip.
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

Hey'

Yeah im up for that tony i aint found an ally welder yet but i was gonna do what steve said and spin it round and put the brace on the bottom just to be different thats y i didnt go for the sssarm conversion i gotta get the bits of steve first and manchester aint just round the corner lol im only 5 mins from bexleyheath so aint to bad for me

Cheers

Dave
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

OK, I'll give this guy a ring and see what the score is re when, where and how much.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Hey sorry for the delay if you pm me your address i will get these bits to you reckon postage will be about £20 as its quite heavy. :thumbup:
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

thats ok steve no worries i'll pm it to you

Cheers

Dave
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Welder has a workshop in South Darenth, but is off until Weds next week.
I'll catch up with him after that.
firestorm2010

Post by firestorm2010 »

ok tony sorry bout delay been moving so everything up in the air lol