Battery charging rate?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dazjm

Re: Battery charging rate?

Post by Dazjm »

Youve checked the cable from the negative terminal on the battery to the chassis? Mine was loose, and was giving me starting issues.
TUG

Post by TUG »

Where abouts on the chassis is it?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Rich.

TUG

Post by TUG »

Already used it and it says everything is fine. I went through the checks in my haynes also and it all checked out apart from the Ohms test between each yellow wire read 1.2ohms instead of 0.2-0.5 :crazy:
Dazjm

Post by Dazjm »

Where abouts on the chassis is it?
Well on mine ( and ive found many non standard things on it! ) The cable runs from the negative terminal , to the speed sensor pickup, just to the right hand side of the rear CCT.

The bolt wasn't even finger tight, after i had been replacing the speed sensor. It was causing an intermittent fault, meaning sometimes it would crank fine, then other times it wouldnt even turn over.
TUG

Post by TUG »

I'll check it again then.
But looks tight etc to me.
Battery ordered, yuasa one to be precise, keep one i have currently as a spare, gunna fit an R6 reg rec soon if it doesnt get any better.
TUG

Post by TUG »

Earth is fine, Checked it about 5 times now, my bike starts, charges the batter at 14v on tick over then at 5000RPM the voltage drops to 13.3v with lights on and 13.6v with the lights off.
I've got a RR coming off an R6 and my battery still isnt here, so i've had enough of waiting am just going to use the bike.
It will break down again, if the bikes not charging above 13.5V then it will cut out.