Ebay new belly pan

General Bike chat
Styler4077

Ebay new belly pan

Post by Styler4077 »

Any one used this company's products?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123

£10 UK delivery and a starting bid of £29.

Think they would be interested in a group buy? People are always asking for these on this forum.
We run a group buy scheme on the Mitsubishi evo forum and it seams to work OK with the suppliers.

Cheers

styler4077
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
vtrbarmy

Re: Ebay new belly pan

Post by vtrbarmy »

Hmm, just check they come with instructions and fitting kit - few guys I know have bought "bargain" belly pans from German suppliers (as in this case) only to find they then have to make their own fitting fit up.

Not saying it's the same with this supplier, but it is shipped from Germany, and at that price, personally would not expect much.

And I don't see a fitting kit in the piccies, nor are the holes in the belly pan drilled..... :problem: Personally I'd avoid like the plague, you gets what you pay for in this case, and it ain't much Steve
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seen these before... asked the guy for some more pics and he said he didnt have any as they were all made specially....
im sure someone here bought one and said it was fkin shite and got lashed in the shed...

why don't you buy one and let us know lol! :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

A slight bit of work and it can look like this one:-

Chris.
cunningstunt

Post by cunningstunt »

Same as mine. No, doesn't come with a fitting kit or holes predrilled but not difficult to fit really. Just need some 3mm bar that you can bend easily, some 5mm bolts (B&Q) and a bit of time and it's trial and error. Mine is really good quality and thick fibreglass. It has obvious mounting hole places and you just need to run the drill through the middle of the raised part. Quick rub down, prime,paint,laquer, job done :thumbup:

would make more use of a set of butt sliders these days
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Say's this about holes and fixings

Belly pan
HONDA
VTR 1000 SC36
available paying ways: - PayPal
Shipping cost UK - 10 GBP Ireland - 15 GBP

- GFK ITEM, not sprayed and unprimed, mounting points not drilled. Fixing kits are not included.

Did you email them vtrbarmy ?

Two nay's two yay's. Think I have a go.....

Cheers

Steve
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Styler4077 wrote:Say's this about holes and fixings

Did you email them vtrbarmy ?

Steve
No Steve honest :wink: - just relating experiences of others who have bought cheap bargains from Portugal / Germany buddy..... :shifty: