firestorm is not a sports bike

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: firestorm is not a sports bike

Post by Pete.L »

I remember buying a CBR1000F when it was a sports bike, 125 bhp and a true 165 mph :D Following year it was demoted to a "Sports Tourer". 8O
Funny how the bike didn't know it, it didn't slow it down at all :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VeeTeeArrrrrrr

Post by VeeTeeArrrrrrr »

AMCQ46 wrote:
FirestormMike wrote:You need to try one that has had the suspension sorted. Probably a lot better mod than fannying about with the engine.
+1 on that.........bikes are all about corners...........as people who have ridden with me will know, I slow down when I get on the straight!
Yes you do lol AND you use both lanes :roll: :roll: ...you naughty naughty man :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VeeTeeArrrrrrr wrote: Yes you do lol AND you use both lanes :roll: :roll: ...you naughty naughty man :thumbup:
Thats to open up my field of Vision for any hazards which may be hiding round the corner officer!!!..............any links to a racing line are purely coincidental :)
AMcQ
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Roadster anybody, read an article somewhere, some journo said it is the Vincent thou of its day...i like that !

Steve
Last edited by Steve97 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

I think I can liken mine to an old Mitsu FTO GPX I once had..Great to look at,a head turner, not that comfy (now sorted thanks to that gel pad seat) guzzled the fuel, went fast enough for me and you knew the limits with it..I think of all the cars I've had n driven regularly, incl an XKR (wasn't part of the divorce package :cry: )/Saxo VTR (pedals too close together) 3 Madzdas incl the 6 :) ,all nice and great to drive,the FTO (grey import and not quite the GTO but beat it hands down on corners rather than the straights) is the one I'd compare my Storm to the most..That's just my opinon of what I can relate to, obviously you guys will do the same of cars you have owned etc

I agree with tony.mon on the honed filtering skills/all weather riding though as I have filtered plenty on M'ways in dead slow moving traffic between all lanes to get ahead,esp through B'ham M6-M5 gateway bottle neck :eek2 :eek2 and with the Storm being slim, prob easier than other bikes and that's with or without luggage on it..Bit like driving, if you are a progressive driver, you'll filter prob quite well in all weather/traffic as won't lack confidence :thumbup: ,and will read the road far better but can't build that up unless you get the miles in etc to build the confidence...

I know of a girl who won't filter at all and myself and mate had to wait ages for her at a garage in Carlisle once cos she sat behind every car n heavy slow moving Sat traffic..I think it is a confidence thing but no amount of trying to help her, she just wouldn't do it....
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
playerone

Post by playerone »

they do 140+ :twisted: thats sporty enough for me :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Funny thing about filtering. some people just don't like it; to me it's part of the compensation for getting wet when it rains.
But it can be dangerous, especially when someone who isn't used to it tries to keep up with someone who can.

Slim bike, and so filters easily, that's what decided my buying the Storm instead of a Blackbird.
Glad I did, really, not sure I'm ready for a mile-munching continent cruiser just yet.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
h3r3t1c

Post by h3r3t1c »

right after 2 and a bit weeks i think its safe to say the storm IS a sports bike. My trouble was i was trying to ride her like a il4 and not a twin, i finally got near my potential (probably 50% of the bikes potential) with her yesterday when i was going through cheddar gorge with a friend on his zx6 and just left him for dead exiting every corner. So i will eat my words and a huge slice of humble pie for this whole thread
DON'T SUFFER FOOLS.... SHOOT 'EM

Suzuki GSX 750 F
Biamo Renagade
Suzuki VX800
Yamaha YZF600
Triumph T 595
Honda VF1000 F
Suzuki GSXR 750 WN
Yamaha RD 350 F2
Honda ST 1100
Kawasaki ZXR 750 L3
Honda VTR1000F
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

exactly. it depends how you ride them, which makes them a good all rounder.
the great torque means you can bimble around quite briskly at low rpm, but then you are only making like 30hp or so and the bike feels a bit lame.... but let the flat torque line take you to the redline and it comes alive with a very usefull 100+bhp at the wheel.
the difference is, most il4s, with the exception probably of the very latest litre bikes, you need to wring the scrote off them to get that power, whereas the storm hands it to you on a plate, very useable, and with the recommended handling mods it is a very capable bike indeed! :twisted:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Thats more like it, get it in 3rd or 4th roll on / off the throttle and show those 600 how to go down a nice flowing set of curves.
As long as the road surface is ok, the extra weigh of the storm is no problem, and the ability to exit the turn on the gas as soon as the vanishing point tells you the curve is opening up is one of best things about a V2.

One thing I notcie as I go through the riding season is that for the 1st few rides of the year I am amazed by the midrange torque and never rev it to the redline, just short shift and watch the world go in reverse. But then by the middle of summer, I am revving the nuts off it and looking for more!
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

to compare -

zx6r sound clip

zx6r sound

firestorm sound clip

firestorm sound
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lol, you have too much free time, dont you have an auction to bid on?
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

soz! posted them elsewhere to annoy a mate with a pesky kwak, made me roffl every time he tried to overtake :lol:
i really offended him by sayint it sounded like a dentist's drill :biggrin
must just be the std can tbh cos the one i got off heretic sounds proper meaty with a micron on it :thumbup:

that firestorm sound really sounds like mine tho lol :thumbup: