Is this the best forum you belong too?

General Biker Banter
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Asked myself this question after my wife said in bed (don't ask) "your always on that FireStorm forum"

Though about it and in my view this is the best of maybe 20 I use and read. Been a member of the lancerregister since 99 and it's now massive in number but only 50% of the member are enthusiasts with the rest boy racers till they either crash or find another car they want.
There is little (30%) of the member willing to help with the rest just posting crap unlinked and sometime nasty irrelevant comments.
Here on the other hand it feels like a club of sorts even though it's a established entity.

Well ???? What forum is as good in your opinion?
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
AMCQ46

Re: Is this the best forum you belong too?

Post by AMCQ46 »

A very good observation mate, I would agree that this place has one of the best atmospheres of the few Forums I have joined.
Great combination of Help and humour, and none of the "up their own butt" people who want to use the internet to preach to a flock they dont deserve in real life.

I think it has something to do with the bike we all have in common, the Storm attracts a certain type of person who is not too bothered by image and being the best in the street .............. perhaps more mature, or perhaps just people with real word values and a balanced view of life. And I think that is why we all rub along so well......we all support the underdog!
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i could be totally ruthless and say this would be a much better place if it wasnt for certain self righteous twats who spoil it for genuine enthusiasts, but i won't.
i'll let someone else say that.
there is a lot of info here and some helpfull folk, good banter and piss taking, but it is a model specific site with members spread out all over the place...
for a model specific forum it is very good.
but not much use if you want regular social rides & stuff, though the organised meets i've been to have been a good laff, met some good folk etc,
i use a number of different sites since dial-up days & a forum is only as good as it's members. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:i could be totally ruthless and say this would be a much better place if it wasnt for certain self righteous twats who spoil it for genuine enthusiasts, but i won't.
I think you just did :lol:
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

works for me - given i chanced upon a storm I have everything to be grateful for (esp the CCTs) and the whole set-up and place is way ahead of other forums i'm on for other things (e.g. football)

cheers all :clap:

and look forward to Op Out of Beds one day :beer:
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

This was the first forum i ever joined ,and have found the guys very helpfull,i'm not on as much as i used to be ,but still visit a lot even though i now don't have a Firestorm .......actually i don't have a bike now :( ,sold it 2 weeks ago.
Stevie
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bikerpiker wrote: actually i don't have a bike now :( ,sold it 2 weeks ago.
You planning to replce it soon..........what are you looking at now?
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Met some good people on here that is a fact, most no longer have Storms and recently a few have drifted away which is sad. The banter is friendly and if by chance people have different ideals they generally dont try and force their opinions on others. Helps to have strong admin policing the site as well :clap:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

bikerpiker wrote:actually i don't have a bike now :( ,sold it 2 weeks ago.
You kept that quiet, spill the beans.
Rich.

chi kung

Post by chi kung »

This forum is not as good as the dogging forum I use.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

chi kung wrote:This forum is not as good as the dogging forum I use.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

What, they watch you and your significant other have sex on a motorbike parked up in a dark layby?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

tony.mon wrote:What, they watch you and your significant other have sex on a motorbike parked up in a dark layby?
That is correct. It brings a whole new meaning to a grab rail.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

chi kung wrote:This forum is not as good as the dogging forum I use.
What kind of dog have you got mate?

:twisted:
AMcQ
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

AMCQ46 wrote:
bikerpiker wrote: actually i don't have a bike now :( ,sold it 2 weeks ago.
You planning to replce it soon..........what are you looking at now?
I've really no idea mate ,it just depends what i can get for around £2k ,i'm in no hurry whatsoever.

I just got a bit pissed of with the bike ,every rideout gave me tailbone and back pain ,and that's what biking meant for me,rideouts of 200 or 300 miles ,not 5 miles each way to my work .
Plus if truth be told ,i was getting asked to work overtime each weekend ,and the money is hard to turn down ,so bike wasn't getting used as much as i would have liked .

I really should get to the doc again ,but hey ho......

Since i got back into bikes 6 years ago i've had a Triumph Daytona ,Honda Firestorm and then the Bandit 1200 ,each of them gave me pain after 80 or 100 miles or so ,.....might be time to try an older Pan Euro ,.....or dare i say it ....a cruiser of some sort,.........but then again if the right bike like a zx9r or a Blackbird came up at the right price i'd probably say 'fek the back ' ,lol !
Stevie