Not So Bonnie Banks

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
cupasoop
Site Admin

Not So Bonnie Banks

Post by cupasoop »

The end is neigh. Went for a good long run today up to Oban via Loch Lomand and managed to get pulled twice (once on the way there and once on the way back. Apparently every single bike on the road today got pulled as well, nothing to do with speeding but just as a warning. They didnt even bother with our black visors or my mates micron race can. Seems like the cops have had enough of us enjoying the roads and, in the words of the second cop who pulled me, "were gonna get you all this year". The cause of this was a bunch of guys who closed the snow gates on the road just passed tyndrum, heading towards oban and stopped all the traffic in both directions so they could use the road as their own race track. You have to have a sneeking admeration for doing something so devious, dont you? So as you can imagine the cops are now raging and every bike who passes that way is now in for it. So if your leaving Glasgow and heading towards either Oban or Fort William, look out, they'll be waiting on us!
Rich.

RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Hi there, been up to Pitlochry and around loch Ness, up to Elgin and all around. But in the car with my wife..........wish I'd been on the bike.
What great roads you got up there. Maybe be up later this year, give you a call if I do..............Paul
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

No probs Paul, always up for a run somewhere. The best roads are on the west coast and they get better the further north you go. I went for an extended run a couple of years ago on my nc30 right up and around the top of the country. Nobody lives up there, the roads are deserted. It was great. One day i drove for 30 minutes without seeing anyone else on the road. Mind you, your a bit Donald Ducked if you break down.
Rich.

tattie

Post by tattie »

Heard from a friend last week, that all through April the local plod (Northern constabulary) aim to stop as many bikes as they can to check out the cans etc.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Just to bring this one back to life, this was brought to my attention today....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3531000.stm

Their taking the fun out of it all :cry:
Rich.

Max

Post by Max »

They should be hunting for mobile abusers such as this boy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3683441.stm
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Very true Max although the quote in that item deserves a special mention.

"Isobel Brydie, spokeswoman for the Scottish Campaign against Irresponsible Drivers (SCID), branded the driver as "completely mad".

She said: "Driving a car at that speed carries the same danger as discharging a shotgun in a crowded street."

I'll have to remember to look out for the traffic car the next time I give the bus Q both barrels from the 12 bore.
Rich.