Quickly decided........

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Quickly decided........

Post by LotusSevenMan »

on going to Excel Bike Show with some mates today (4th). See what's what in these pay contstraint, doom 'n' gloom times!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
simo

Re: Quickly decided........

Post by simo »

We decided to go a while back. got rail tickets £28 return from Darlington, hope its a good show but thats saturday so leave something for us to buy lol :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Dare I admit this? I went with some older mates and as I have gray hair laid down the twelve quid the same as they did. Got my ticket as if I was a 60 plus patron!!!!!! Ha ha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81476041@N00/5415772079/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81476041@N00/5415772071/

Not a bad show. Nice to throw a leg over the other bikes that you never get to sit on otherwise. Ugliest bike? Still the Hayabusa. Most comfortable sportsbike to sit over? Ducati 1198 and Suzuki GSXR1000. :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

LSM, saw you at the show, sitting on the stealth mat black Ducati 848. Did you buy yourself anything? Plenty of nice bikes, and other eye candy, as you demonstrated in your photo's.
I only recognised you because of the Duke jacket.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

There was me thinking you recognised me as Charlie's mate Kev!
Hope you enjoyed the show. I fancied a Go Pro cam at that show offer of 260ukp including all the mounts etc and almost bought the ol' flexi heat pads for my aching bones................ but ended up buying nowt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81476041@N00/5415961105/

"Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future."
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Didn't see Charley Boorman there, but my daughter got Chris Walkers autograph on the Norton stand. She bought some Alpinestar bits and I bought some tools (can't resist the shiney, shiney bits!!).
Loved the look of the carbon fibre blade and the JPS liveried Blade on the same stand. Had a good long chat to the MAG rep and I have filled the form in to join. Been feeling guilty for years for not supporting either BMF or MAG, particularly with the threats posed at present.
Good show overall though. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF