Back to indicators

General Bike chat
Kev L

Re: Back to indicators

Post by Kev L »

Swagger, what a coincidence. You trained as a gynecologist, and I am a happy amateur. Always willing to give it a go to help out!!!! :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

FirestormMike wrote: ..... What he didn't tell you was that he managed to do the job through the end of the handlebar ....
:lol: :lol: :clap:
The force is strong with this one!!!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha FJR1300
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Strip it off, get it indoors and on the kitchen table, and have a look.
Clean it thoroughly ans reinstall, then you'll know if the contacts have worn down to not quite make a good contact.
If they have, get another one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

tony.mon wrote: .... then you'll know if the contacts have worn down to not quite make a good contact ...
Can you actually get to the contacts? I got as far as lifting the the white plastic slider and contact assembly ... it looked like a sealed unit ... but I didn't try to seperate the white plastic piece from the black connector. At that point I decided to try the action of the switch atop the unit. Worked nicely.

I had originally thought of buying one from ebay but decided that it would likely be just as worn.

Good thing is that mine operates perfectly now so hopefully I'll not need to go back in. :)
The force is strong with this one!!!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha FJR1300
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

tony.mon wrote:Strip it off, get it indoors and on the kitchen table, and have a look.
Clean it thoroughly an.. ... get another one.
i thought this was a tip on gynecology i totally read it wrong read the first bit and end bit
as im trying to catch up on posts lol
east london/essex [leyton ]